- Tech Hub/flickr
This is a unique opportunity to help define a new division of a fast-growing international research company and an excellent way to begin a research/data-oriented writing career in the rapidly growing fintech industry.
Business Insider Intelligence is a fast-growing research service from Business Insider, offering insights essential to companies making strategic decisions across the mobile, digital media, e-commerce, Internet of Things, and digital financial services industries. Our clients are Fortune 1000 companies, startups, advertising agencies, investment firms, and media conglomerates that have come to rely on our timely, forward-looking insights to keep atop of trends shaping the digital landscape.
The Research Associate will be responsible for writing a daily newsletter, focusing on the most important new tech trends, stories, and research reports and adding in their own analysis on what developments mean for the industry. In addition, the Research Associate will regularly speak to industry insiders to gain a deeper understanding of fintech.
Those with a degree in social science – including psychology, sociology, and politics – and those with a strong background distilling data, research, and technical topics into compelling writing and persuasive analysis are encouraged to apply.
If this role is for you, here are some of the other traits you possess:
- Ability to quickly sort through masses of data and understand what really matters to professionals and why
- Ability to write clearly about data-driven trends, consumer and business-to-business markets, and the larger tech industry
- Diligence and persistence in researching
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and fast-changing environment
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Excel required
- Solid grounding in business analysis fundamentals
- Strong communication and writing skills
- An interest in data-driven visual storytelling
- Internships in market/consumer research, consulting, tech research, or relevant experience in a similar position is helpful but not required
If this is the right opportunity for you, please apply online and tell us why you’re a good fit for the role.