Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.
You’ll soon be able to buy and trade bitcoin and ethereum alongside stocks on Robinhood, the fee-free app announced Thursday.
Here’s how the prices stand Thursday morning:
- Bitcoin (BTC): $11,084 (-2.6%)
- Ethereum (ETH): $1,039 (-2.0%)
- Ripple (XRP): $1.29 (-4.3%)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCC): $1,610 (-2.1%)
- Litecoin (LTC): $176 (-2.2%)
- Robinhood users in five states will be able to trade Ethereum and bitcoin 24/7 for free starting in February.
- ‘”Ima keep it real I forgot I did that sh–“: 50 Cent admits his newfound $8 million bitcoin wealth was purely accidental.
- Coinbase is teaming up with a Chicago-based tech firm to unleash crypto onto Wall Street.
- TD Ameritrade CEO: The bitcoin market is ‘certainly not mature‘
- The CEO of one of China’s biggest bitcoin companies endorses just four cryptocurrencies and ‘wouldn’t touch’ ICOs: ‘It’s just too risky’
- Finally, the heads of two US securities regulators promised in a WSJ op-ed that both the SEC and CFTC are watching the cryptocurrency and ICO space.