Chipotle has shut down a restaurant in Dallas because of rodent problems.
The company closed the restaurant on Tuesday, three weeks after a customer posted a viral video of mice scurrying around the store’s floor, Chipotle told Business Insider.
The customer claimed that the rodents had fallen from the restaurant’s ceiling.
Chipotle immediately acknowledged the problem and said it fixed a gap that had given the rodents access to the restaurant.
Now three weeks later, the company is closing the location to further assess the construction of the building, Chipotle spokeswoman Quinn Kelsey told Business Insider.
“We have temporarily closed the Chipotle restaurant in Dallas’ historic West End District at 208 North Market Street so we can continue to thoroughly assess the construction of this 100-year-old building,” Kelsey said. “Employees have been given the option to relocate to nearby Chipotle locations while our teams are evaluating the building.”
— Becca Winn (@beccawinning) July 18, 2017
She said the restaurant would reopen when the company is “certain the building meets all Chipotle standards for operation.” The Dallas Morning News first reported on the closure.
This is the second time in a month that Chipotle has temporarily closed a restaurant. The chain closed a location in Sterling, Virginia in mid July after a norovirus outbreak that sickened more than 130 customers.