- Top Employers Institute commends DHL Express in Asia Pacific and eight countries for diversity, inclusion, and opportunities for talent growth
- DHL Express has received 49 awards for its workplace culture in 2017 — the most number of awards received since 2014
SINGAPORE – Media OutReach – 12 December 2017 – DHL Express, the world’s leading international express services provider, has been named 2018 Top Employer for Asia Pacific as well as eight countries in the region: Australia, Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, New Zealand, the Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand.
Representatives from DHL Express in the region receiving the awards at the Top Employer Certification Dinner 2018
The award was conferred by Top Employers Institute, a global organization recognizing excellence in employee conditions, making this the fourth consecutive year that DHL Express has received the award. This further establishes the company as a regional leader in employment practices and talent development, with a workplace culture built on respect, recognition and equal opportunities.
In 2017 alone, DHL Express received a total of 49 awards for its workplace and corporate culture in Asia Pacific, up from 39 awards in 2016 and 34 awards in 2015. This year’s string of accolades are the latest additions to the 96 other awards that DHL Express Asia Pacific has received since 2014, many with strict judging criteria based on employee feedback.
“The DHL culture is built on the two R’s — respect and results. When we value our employees, and provide them with opportunities to achieve, we’re able to deliver the world-class results that our customers rely on to grow their businesses,” said Ken Lee, CEO, DHL Express Asia Pacific. “It is an honor to be acknowledged as a leading employer and an excellent workplace in Asia Pacific once again, and a testament to the hard work and effort that all our employees invest in really making DHL Express a byword for excellence.”
The Top Employer award has consistently recognized DHL Express’ sustained investment in talent growth, including its Certified International Specialist (CIS) and Certified International Manager (CIM) programs that have trained over 43,000 employees in Asia Pacific. Nearly 75% of executive positions in the region end up being filled by internal candidates thanks to the company’s talent development initiatives, and women hold 1 in 3 management roles in DHL Express.
“Diversity in leadership and the workplace help us better understand the full range of our customers’ needs and stories — resulting in more effective service for their businesses,” said A. Mateen, Senior Vice President, Human Resources, DHL Express Asia Pacific. “Thanks to a strong Diversity Management framework in place, coupled with comprehensive feedback from our annual Employee Opinion Survey, we’ve established a workplace culture where everyone has not only a voice, but also the opportunity to grow to their full potential.”
This year, DHL Express was also named Best Employer 2017 for Asia Pacific and nine other countries region-wide, as well as “Best Employer for Women in the Workplace” in South Korea and Taiwan, by human capital firm Aon Hewitt. The Great Place to Work® Institute also recognized DHL Express as one of the “Best Multinational Workplaces in Asia” for five countries as well as the broader Asia Pacific region.
“The success of any logistics operation depends on the skill, adaptability, and resilience of its people, translated across numerous cultures and geographies,” added Ken Lee. “At DHL Express, we’re committed to creating an environment where all employees can thrive and grow. We’re extremely proud to have nearly doubled the number of awards for our culture and workplace this year compared to 2016: each award encourages us to keep working towards a more inclusive, effective, and empathetic culture in every market where we do business.”
Note to Editors:
DHL Express Asia Pacific received a total of 49 accolades in 2017:
- “Best Employer” 2017 — Asia Pacific
- “Best Employer” 2017 — Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand
- “Best Employer for Women in the Workplace” 2017 — South Korea, Taiwan
- “Best Employer for Generation Y” 2017 — Indonesia, Taiwan
Top Employers Institute
- “Top Employers Award” 2017 — Asia Pacific
- “Top Employers Award” 2017 — Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore
- “Top Employers Award” 2018 — Asia Pacific
- “Top Employers Award” 2018 — Australia, Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand
Great Place to Work® Institute
- “Best Multinational Workplaces in Asia” 2017 — Asia Pacific
- “Best Multinational Workplaces in Asia” 2017 — Hong Kong, India, Japan, South Korea, Sri Lanka
- “Great Place to Work Award” 2017 — Japan
- “Best Companies to Work For: Employee Wellness” 2017 — India
- “Best Companies to Work in Transportation Industry” 2017 — India
- “Best Companies to Work for in Sri Lanka” 2017 — Top 25
- “Best Multinational Corporation in Sri Lanka” 2017 — Maiden Award
- “Best in Medium-Sized Enterprise Category in Sri Lanka” 2017 — Gold Award
- Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) — “HR Best Practices Award” 2017 — India
- 100 Best Places to Work Award — “No.1 in Logistics and Transportation Industry” 2017 — Vietnam
- 9th Annual Global CSR Summit & Awards — “Best Workplace Practice” 2017 — Philippines (Platinum)
- Australian Business Awards — “Employer of Choice Award” 2017 — Australia
- Ministry of Employment and Labor, Government of South Korea — “Best HRD Certificate” 2017 — South Korea
- Engage Consulting and Pakistan Society of Human Resource Management — “Best in the Services Industry” 2017 — Pakistan
- Engage Consulting and Pakistan Society of Human Resource Management — “Best Place to Work in Pakistan” 2017 — Pakistan
- HR Asia — “Best Companies to Work for in Asia” 2017 — Malaysia (Shared Service Centres)
DHL — The logistics company for the world
DHL is the leading global brand in the logistics industry. Our DHL family of divisions offer an unrivalled portfolio of logistics services ranging from national and international parcel delivery, e-commerce shipping and fulfillment solutions, international express, road, air and ocean transport to industrial supply chain management. With about 350,000 employees in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide, DHL connects people and businesses securely and reliably, enabling global trade flows. With specialized solutions for growth markets and industries including technology, life sciences and healthcare, energy, automotive and retail, a proven commitment to corporate responsibility and an unrivalled presence in developing markets, DHL is decisively positioned as “The logistics company for the world”.
DHL is part of Deutsche Post DHL Group. The Group generated revenues of more than 57 billion euros in 2016.