- Justin Sullivan / Getty Images
• Facebook is now the most desirable place to work in the US, according to Glassdoor.
• Some perks include free meals, ample time for vacation, and lots of support for new parents.
• Facebook’s benefits received a 4.7 out of 5 stars on Glassdoor.
That’s not shocking, considering some of the company’s tempting perks.
A quick glance at its careers page – along with its Glassdoor reviews – reveals a whole slew of enviable benefits. So does reporting from the Guardian’s Julia Carrie Wong, whose article highlighted the inequality between Facebook staffers and contractors.
On its jobs site, Facebook advocates for a “holistic approach to benefits and perks,” and focuses on several different spheres, including health, family, community, finance, and convenience.
Here’s a look at some of the perks Facebook offers employees in North America.
Four months of paid time off for new mothers and fathers — within the first year of a child’s birth or adoption
- Chris Nemes/Shutterstock
A bike repair shop for Menlo Park employees
- Anthony Kwan / Stringer / Getty Images
A wellness allowance to finance gym membership or other healthy activities
21 days of paid vacation for full-time employees
An arcade full of video games for Menlo Park workers
- Adam Berry / Stringer / Getty Images
$4,000 in “baby cash” for new parents — along with financial assistance for egg-freezing and adoption fees
- Hrecheniuk Oleksii/Shutterstock
Free meals and snacks throughout the day
- Philippe Wojazer/Reuters
Access to an on-site barber’s shop in the Menlo Park office
On-site health and dental care
Valet parking for the Menlo Park headquarters, along with a free charging station for electric cars
- Oli Scarff / Getty Images
Dry cleaning services at the Menlo Park office
- Justin Sullivan/Getty Images