- Netflix shared which shows people are most likely to binge first, and how long it takes for them to watch.
- People start their first binge an average of 12 days after subscribing, and it takes the “majority of users” only three days to finish an entire season of a show.
Do you remember your first binge?
If you’re like us, by now you’ve probably watched so many shows on Netflix that you don’t. But Netflix remembers. New data analysis shared by Netflix Wednesday revealed that on average, it takes a new Netflix member 12 days to start their first binge, and that the “majority of users” finish an entire season in just three days.
With no shortage of TV shows to stream, more than 90% of members have binge-watched a show on Netflix within a year of joining, Netflix said.
So which are most popular for the first binge?
Four of the ten are Netflix Originals: “Orange is the New Black,” “Stranger Things,” “House of Cards,” and “Fuller House.” And all the shows listed definitely are binge-worthy, especially “Breaking Bad” and “Grey’s Anatomy.”
Want to find out what show you binge-watched first? Go to your Netflix account page. Select “viewing activity” and scroll all the way down.
Here are all the shows people binge-watch first on Netflix:
10. “Grey’s Anatomy” (2005-)
9. “Family Guy” (1998-)
- Fox via YouTube
8. “American Horror Story” (2011-)
7. “Fuller House” (2016-)
6. “Sons of Anarchy” (2008-2014)
- FX / Sons of Anarchy
5. “House of Cards” (2013-2018)
4. “Stranger Things” (2016-)
3. “The Walking Dead” (2010-)
2. “Breaking Bad” (2008-2013)
- Ursula Coyote/AMC
1. “Orange is the New Black” (2013-)
- JoJo Whilden for Netflix