Hello! Here’s what’s happening on Friday.
1. The EU and UK are close to signing a Brexit divorce deal. The EU reportedly expects UK Prime Minister Theresa May to formally agree to a Brexit deal on Friday.
2. Firefighters are struggling to contain the Southern California wildfire. Many areas are under mandatory evacuation orders, which have affected nearly 200,000 people.
3. Protests erupted in the Middle East over President Donald Trump’s Jerusalem decision. Arab leaders said the decision to deem Jerusalem the capital of Israel will slash chances for peace.
4. The US State Department issued a “worldwide” travel warning following Trump’s decision. The last time such a warning was issued was in 2003 after the start of the Iraq War.
5. YouTube plans to launch a music streaming service called Remix. The service would compete against established streaming services like Spotify and Apple Music.
6.US congress narrowly avoided a government shutdown. Congress passed a bill to extend government funding for another two weeks, delaying the shutdown decision.
7. China’s massive ridesharing app Didi Chuxing will expand globally. Plans are in place for the Uber rival to enter into Mexico next year.
8. Argentina’s former President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner has been indicted for treason. Kirchner was arrested for trying to cover up Iran’s possible role in a 1994 bombing.
10. A non-governmental organization called Asgardia wants to become the first nation in space. The group deployed its first satellite into orbit around Earth on Wednesday.