- Getty Images/Astrid Stawiarz
Donald Trump’s youngest daughter, Tiffany, will take the stage on Tuesday night at the Republican National Convention.
Unlike her older half-sister, Ivanka, 22-year-old Tiffany has avoided the spotlight throughout her father’s controversial campaign. She’s been present at multiple Trump events and has been interviewed alongside her siblings, but hasn’t yet given an individual speech.
That’s about to change. Before she officially steps into the campaign, take a look at what we know about the potential first daughter.
1. She’s the only daughter of Donald Trump and Marla Maples. Tiffany is Donald Trump’s only child by his second wife, actress Marla Maples. She was born in New York but grew up in Los Angeles, raised primarily by her mother. Tiffany has said that they have a “very close” relationship.
Trump and Maples, whose relationship began while Trump was still married to his first wife, Ivana, were married from 1993 to 1999.
2. She’s an Ivy League graduate. This May, Tiffany graduated from the University of Pennsylvania, where she studied sociology and urban studies and was a member of the Kappa Alpha Theta sorority.
Donald Trump also graduated from the University of Pennsylvania – he earned a degree from the Wharton School of Business in 1968. Tiffany is the third Trump child to attend the school.
3. She’s dabbled in modeling. This February, Tiffany made her New York Fashion Week debut, modeling a navy double-breasted blazer by her friend, Just Drew designer Andrew Warren. She’s also interned at Vogue.
4. She once wanted to be a pop star. When she was 17, Tiffany recorded a single, “Like a Bird,” and told Oprah Winfrey that music was a “big passion” and that “we’ll see in a couple of years if I want to take it to the next level as a professional.”
5. She has done several fashion internships. Tiffany has interned at Vogue and at Aeffe, the Italian fashion group that owns Alberta Ferretti, Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti, Moschino, and Pollini.
6. She’s part of the “Rich Kids of Instagram.” Tiffany’s often spotted on Instagram with a group of wealthy young socialites, nicknamed the “Rich Kids of Instagram.”
Her friends include Andrew Warren (son of a New York real-estate investor), Harry Brant and Peter Brant Jr. (sons of media mogul Peter Brant), Gaia Matisse (great-great-granddaughter of Henri Matisse), and EJ Johnson (son of Magic Johnson).
7. She has a boyfriend. Tiffany has been dating a Penn student named Ross Mechanic for several months, according to their Instagram accounts. He even attended the first night of the Republican National Convention.
Ross is a rising senior studying computer science, and is interning at CADRE, a startup founded by Tiffany’s brother-in-law, Jared Kushner.
Ross is the son of Jonathan Mechanic, a wealthy New York real-estate lawyer. The Daily Mail has reported that Ross and his family are registered Democrats.
8. She supports her father’s presidential campaign. “He’s true to himself,” she told ABC last year. “And he speaks in a way that the average person can understand. I think that’s refreshing for everyone.”