- KFC Japan is now selling a chicken slider taco that includes both fried chicken and taco meat all wrapped in a tortilla.
- The dish can be ordered separately for 300 yen ($2.72) or in a combo meal with a biscuit and drink for 500 yen ($4.53).
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
A tweet from KFC Japan describes the dish: A soft tortilla is filled with a fried chicken strip, taco meat, and three types of cheese. Food blog Brand Eating notes that the three cheeses are Gouda, cheddar and mozzarella, and that a special mayo sauce is also included.
— ケンタッキーフライドチキン (@KFC_jp) May 16, 2019
The dish can be ordered separately for 300 yen ($2.72) or in a combo meal with a biscuit and drink for 500 yen ($4.53). That doesn’t include your airfare to and hotel room in Japan, of course, but maybe it’s worth it to you.
This isn’t the first time this year that an Asian KFC item has made headlines. Back in March, model Chrissy Teigen pleaded for the chicken chain to help her recreate a tasty treat she once enjoyed at a KFC restaurant in Thailand. (The chain promised to help, but we’ve yet to see a resolution to this recipe adventure.) The slider taco belongs on a list of international food items that are goofy but somehow tempting, much like these 15 international potato chip flavors we long to try.
- Read more:
- McDonald’s just opened a tiny restaurant for bees – here’s what it’s like inside
- The best dessert to order at 17 of America’s most popular chain restaurants
- 14 photos that show the evolution of McDonald’s Happy Meal
- THEN AND NOW: 34 photos that show how famous fast-food company logos have changed over time