Good morning! Here’s the technology news you need to know this morning.
1. President Trump met with 18 tech CEOs yesterday at the White House. Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos reportedly encouraged the US government to use things like artificial intelligence and machine learning.
2. Amazon is reportedly planning to cut jobs at Whole Foods. Thousands of jobs could be on the line.
3. Morgan Stanley said Microsoft shares could jump 46% in the next year. Analysts pointed to rising earnings and Microsoft’s growing cloud business.
4. Snap stock jumped 3% yesterday following news of a $100 million (£78.4 million) deal with Time Warner. The media company will pay Snap to develop shows for Snapchat and advertise in the app.
5. Atari has confirmed that it’s working on a new games console. There aren’t any details on what the console will actually be like, though.
6. Spotify is testing “sponsored song” ads that let labels promote singles to free users. The ads only appear for users who haven’t paid to subscribe to the service.
7. The company formerly known as Yahoo began its life as Altaba yesterday. It has the ticker symbol AABA.
8. JAY-Z is releasing a new album – and it’s going to be a Tidal exclusive. “4:44” will be released on June 30.
9. The CEO of Whole Foods said he dreamt about selling to Amazon over a year ago. John Mackey said the deal has been a “whirlwind courtship.”
10. Nintendo created a real-life “Super Mario” world for E3 in Los Angeles. We took a look at New Donk City.