- Prada for Adidas
- Adidas is teaming up with Prada for a collaboration “coming soon,” the brands announced on Twitter and Instagram.
- The sports giant and leading fashion house have created limited-edition Prada x Adidas footwear styles to be made in Italy, according to the Prada website
- A press release seen by Insider confirmed “the first iteration will launch for men and women globally in December 2019.”
- Prada revealed the collaboration will continue into 2020 with the release of new Luna Rossa performance sailing footwear.
- The partnership with Prada follows high-profile Adidas collaborations with Kanye West and Pharrell Williams.
- Visit the Insider homepage for more stories.
Adidas and Prada have officially announced a sneaker collaboration, confirming speculation on social media last month that the sports giant and fashion house would be joining forces.
In a post on Twitter, Adidas tantalized fans with a picture of two Adidas sneaker boxes in a Prada bag and the caption “#Pradaforadidas @Prada. Coming soon.”
Whilst Adidas remained tight-lipped, Prada posted the same picture on Instagram and announced the partnership in more detail on its website.
“Prada and the industry-leading sportswear brand adidas have joined forces to start a new collaborative journey. The aim of this partnership is to investigate the realms of heritage, technology and innovation – and to challenge conventional wisdom through unexpected strategies,” the brand said.
“This collaboration, based on an authentic fusion of fashion and sport, has generated an exclusive limited-edition collection of footwear for men and women that is entirely made in Italy by Prada,” it continued.
A press release seen by Insider confirmed that “the first iteration will launch for men and women globally in December 2019.”
The partnership will continue into next year with the release of new Luna Rossa performance sailing footwear to be unveiled in 2020.
The fashion house told Insider that “more details on the product will be released by the end of the month.”
The announcement is the latest in a series of sneaker collaborations that have got footwear fans excited this year. Nike teamed up with Travis Scott for a new take on the iconic Air Jordan 1 whilst Converse paired with Tyler, The Creator to create the all-new GLF Gianno Ox model, according to Sneaker News.
Adidas has also been busy expanding its partnership with Kanye West and combining with Pharrell Williams to create the NMD Hu x Pharrell “Unique Future” sneaker, details of which emerged last month on Instagram.