- lori faith / YouTube
- Instagram influencer Lori Faith realised why you should go to a professional to relax your hair when hers fell out on a livestream.
- She was recording herself putting on the relaxing chemicals and combing through her hair when she realized it was falling out in clumps. She gasped and ran to the bathroom to wash it out, but it was too late.
- “I’m fucking bald,” she said in a YouTube video afterwards. “You heard it. I said it. I’m bald.”
- She said bald is never a look she would have gone for, but the positive messages on her social media have made her feel better about it.
- “Don’t put a relaxer in bleached hair, don’t even put relaxer at all unless you’re professional, because this is what you will look like,” she warned.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
It takes bravery to dye your own hair at home. Instagram influencer Lori Faith learned just what can go wrong when she tried to bleach then relax her hair.
Faith was live streaming when she added the relaxer to her blue locks. When running a comb through it, Faith gasped, because she realised her hair was falling out. She ran to the bathroom to wash the chemicals out, but it was too late.
The video was then shared by her friend on Twitter, who said: “Lmfaoooooo so my friend was bleaching her hair on live and this happened.”
Lmfaoooooo so my friend was bleaching her hair on live and this happened pic.twitter.com/Rc79tEfeOT
— aj ✰✰✰✰✰ (@ajrosesolis) June 27, 2019
Faith posted a video explaining what happened on YouTube titled “my hair fell out… and now im bald,” with the caption “im an idiot.”
Faith has had many different hair styles and colours over the past few years, which she has documented on her Instagram page. She started her video with a short “memorial” to them all to say “goodbye,” because she did something “stupid and impulsive” in trying to relax her hair too soon after bleaching it.
“I’m f—— bald,” she said. “You heard it. I said it. I’m bald.”
She said several people had warned her that bleach and relaxer was a toxic combination, but she had been too impatient to wait a few weeks.
She said bald is never a look she would have gone for, but the positive messages on her social media have made her feel better about it.
“I never thought I would go this far … I thought I would just have a really really short haircut with color,” she said. “I feel like this was a good mistake because now my hair can grow naturally.”
Faith added her mother, who made an appearance in the livestream, has been bald since the age of 11.
“It’s not a bad thing ’cause there’s a lot of people that are bald, not by choice,” she said. “Don’t put a relaxer in bleached hair, don’t even put relaxer at all unless you’re professional, because this is what you will look like.”
“You actually look great with no hair,” one person wrote on YouTube. “I myself couldn’t pull it off bc my heads not shaped right. Embrace your true beauty.”
Another said she shouldn’t worry as it’ll grow back, and to “rock it, you may love it.”
Others warned of the chemical reaction that can happen.
“You are insanely lucky that you did not get chemical burns on your scalp,” one person wrote. “Never mix chemicals like that … Like she says, PLEASE go to a professional for ANY chemical processes!”
It sounds like Faith has learned her lesson from the ordeal, but she has also embraced her new look. On Instagram, she has even posted some photos wearing a new pink wig.
You can watch the full video below.