- April, a giraffe that lives at the Animal Adventure Park in Harpursville, New York, has just given birth to her fifth calf.
- People from all around the world tuned into her livestream to watch this new giraffe baby be brought into the world.
- This is the second time that April’s been streamed while giving birth.
April, arguably the most famous giraffe in the world, has given birth again on March 16, 2019. The newest addition to her family was born at 12:42 pm.
This isn’t her first rodeo – in 2017, over 1 million people tuned in to watch the birth of her son, Tajiri.
Today, Animal Adventure Park announced at around 11 am that April was beginning to go into labor, and shared a Facebook photo of a hoof peeking out.
Over the next few hours, fans excitedly watched as slowly but surely, April’s new baby was born.
The zoo hasn’t announced the gender, or name yet, but people can follow along on Instagram, or on the livestream.
- Read more:
- A New Mexico zoo welcomed an adorable baby giraffe, and ‘Star Trek’ fans will love its name
- A giraffe gave birth at Disney World in front of a bunch of surprised guests on the safari ride
- 10 places to escape humanity and hang with animals