- Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino and Fyre Festival founder Billy McFarland are both serving their prison sentences in FCI Otisville in upstate New York.
- They are friends and play scrabble with the guy who hacked and leaked nude celebrity photos, two of Sorrentino’s friends and “Jersey Shore” co-stars told Jenny McCarthy in an interview.
- They may soon be joined by Michael Cohen, who has requested to spend his own prison term in FCI Otisville.
- Visit INSIDER.com for more stories.
Both Sorrentino and McFarland are spending their days in FCI Otisville, a federal prison in upstate New York. Sorrentino is serving eight months there for tax evasion, and McFarland is serving six years for crimes related to fraudulently promoting Fyre Festival. The two also apparently befriended George Garofano, who’s spending six months in prison for hacking and leaking explicit photos from celebrities including Jennifer Lawrence.
Two of Sorrentino’s friends and costars, Pauly “DJ Pauly D” DelVecchio and Vinny Guadagnino, spoke about his experience in an interview with Jenny McCarthy on her SiriusXM show Wednesday. They said Sorrentino often video chats with them and his wife, Lauren Pesce.
“He is in there with the guy from the Fyre Festival,” Guadagnino said. “And he’s in there with the guy that leaked Jennifer Lawrence’s nudes, that hacked her phone.”
“They play Scrabble together!” DelVecchio said.
FCI Otisville is famous for its high-profile prisoners. It is relatively small, the prisoners have mostly committed white collar crimes, and its medium-security designation means that few violent criminals end up there.
“It’s like he’s in a senior home,” Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi told E! News earlier in April. “He’s playing Bingo, he’s helping people recover in jail.”
The trio may soon be joined by Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump’s former personal lawyer, who pleaded guilty to tax evasion, bank fraud, lying to congress about the Trump Tower Moscow deal, and campaign finance violations related to paying off women who said they had affairs with Trump.
Cohen’s attorney’s requested he be sent to FCI Otisville so that he could be close to his family in New York City. US District Judge William Pauley agreed to recommend that he serves his time there, but the Bureau of Prisons, which assigns prisoner placement, may still deny that request.
Cohen was originally scheduled to begin his sentence in March, but it’s been delayed because of his ongoing assistance in federal investigations.
- Read more:
- Inside the prison that’s holding The Situation and Fyre Fest’s Billy McFarland – who may soon be joined by Michael Cohen
- The hacker who leaked nude photos of Jennifer Lawrence has been sentenced to jail
- ‘Do you think I would get laid more by models?’: A glimpse at Billy McFarland’s pre-Fyre Festival life
- Pamela Anderson railed against the UK for arresting her ‘romantic’ fling Julian Assange: ‘You are America’s b—-‘