- Wikimedia Commons
Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox .
Bitcoin is hovering around $10,000 Tuesday, having come within one dollar of the milestone in the early morning hours.
Here’s how all the other cryptocurrencies stack up:
- Bitcoin (BTC): $11,288 (+4.4%)
- Ethereum (ETH): $1,006 (+0.7%)
- Ripple (XRP): $1.38 (+3.4%)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCC): $1,670 (+4.1%)
- Litecoin (LTC): $182 (+1.9%)
- Nobel economist Joseph Stiglitz sees no legal functions for bitcoin: ‘We have a good medium of exchange called the dollar,’ he said at Davos.
- Cryptocurrency exchange app Coinbase reportedly made more than $1 billion in revenue last year.
- Bitcoin miners are making it impossible for people to find a crucial component for PC gaming.
- A South Korean regulator sold his crypto holdings two days before new rules were announced – and people are furious.
- The world’s most valuable bitcoin startup just grabbed an ex-Twitter exec to make cryptocurrency more user-friendly.