- Wikimedia Commons
Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox .
Most major cryptocurrencies were down slightly coming off the weekend, but there was one shining speck of green among the sea of red.
Here are the current standings:
- Bitcoin (BTC): $11,248 (-4.1%)
- Ethereum (ETH): $1,171 (-4.7%)
- Ripple (XRP): $1.28 (-4.3%)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCC): $1,610 (-5.7%)
- Litecoin (LTC): $180 (-6.5%)
- Grayscale’s Bitcoin Investment Trust got a boost Monday morning after a 91-for-1 stock split.
- Two bitcoin traders were held at gunpoint in an armed raid in rural England.
- Bitcoin is ‘a dinghy in the open ocean,’ the COO of one bitcoin exchange says.
- ‘A realistic risk of total loss‘: A senior figure at Deutsche Bank’s $880 billion asset management arm warns against bitcoin
- Over 1 million people have signed up for stock trading app Robinhood’s new crypto offering that was announced last week