- REUTERS/China Daily
Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox .
Here are the current standings:
- Bitcoin (BTC): $9,078 (-10.1%)
- Ethereum (ETH): $1,045 (+2.9%)
- Ripple (XRP): $0.96 (-15.7%)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCC): $1,282 (-13.5%)
- Litecoin (LTC): $143 (-11.5%)
What else is happening:
- Bitcoin has lost more than $72 billion in value since the beginning of 2018.
- This internet veteran wants to steal Amazon’s video business by putting blockchain on ‘zombie’ computers – and he’s already raised $25 million.
- Ripple’s XRP tumbles below $1 for the 2nd time this year.
- A 21-year-old college student invested 80% of his summer paycheck in cryptocurrencies and made an enormous profit.
- Crypto CEO responds to accusations of $600 million Arise Bank ICO fraud.
- A crypto company touted by rapper The Game just got hit with a lawsuit from investors who want their money back.
- Japan is going bonkers for cryptocurrency – but the country still loves cash.
- AMD’s crypto boost could actually be sustainable, Credit Suisse says.
- Armed raiders who held 2 bitcoin traders at gunpoint in rural England didn’t actually manage to steal anything.
- Square jumps on news that most of its users can now trade in bitcoin.