- Mohamed Al Hwaity/Reuters
Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.
Bitcoin and most other cryptocurrencies are in the green Monday morning – but the entire market is still “trading sideways” one analyst told Business Insider UK.
Here are the current prices:
- Bitcoin (BTC): $8,722 (+8.1%)
- Ethereum (ETH): $860 (+6.2%)
- Ripple (XRP): $1.03 (+8.3%)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCC): $1,265 (+4.7%)
- Litecoin (LTC): $157 (+6.1%)
What else is happening:
- JPMORGAN WARNS: There’s a ‘fairly high risk’ bitcoin could get cut in half.
- Even crypto bulls expect a big shake out this year: ‘The market right now is just everyone wants a Lamborghini.’
- Ripple, the company behind cryptocurrency XRP, signs international payment deal with foreign exchange giant UAE Exchange and the price of XRP is above $1 for the first time since January.
- Criminals in Europe are laundering $5.5 billion of illegal cash through cryptocurrency, according to Europol.
- 50 luxury flats in Dubai have been sold for bitcoin – and one buyer bought 10.
Business Insider has officially launched its first ever Facebook group, Crypto Insider. Join today to discuss cryptocurrencies and blockchain with readers from all over the world, as well as Business Insider staff.