Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.
The Litecoin Cash foundation announced Monday it will split a new cryptocurrency from litecoin, to be called litecoin cash. Meanwhile, litecoin creator Charlie Lee has called the fork a scam.
Here are the current prices:
- Markets Insider
What else is happening:
- JPMorgan explains why a bitcoin ETF is a ‘holy grail’ that could change the game.
- So far it looks like very few US citizens are telling the IRS about their crypto trading.
- Wall Street is worried that Nvidia could get caught in a cryptocurrency ‘downdraft.’
- Iceland may use more electricity mining bitcoin than powering homes this year.
- Cryptocurrency startup LoopX evaporates from the web, along with $4.5 million of its investor’s money.
- London needs to embrace blockchain post-Brexit for the next ‘Big Bang moment.’
- JPMORGAN WARNS: There’s a ‘fairly high risk’ bitcoin could get cut in half.
Business Insider has officially launched its first ever Facebook group, Crypto Insider. Join today to discuss cryptocurrencies and blockchain with readers from all over the world, as well as Business Insider staff.