- Getty Images
Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.
Cryptocurrencies got a Valentine’s Day lift Wednesday after a South Korean government official said the government would not ban mining or exchanges after all, rather, it would seek to make the space more transparent.
Here are the current prices:
- Markets Insider
What else is happening:
- Ripple CEO: Most cryptocurrencies will go to $0
- Litecoin is surging as first ‘hard fork’ date approaches
- A divorcing couple is fighting over a £600,000 cryptocurrency haul
- JPMORGAN: Bitcoin miners are in a ‘hash rate arms race’
- Smart Valor CEO says you can ‘tokenize’ everything, even her coat
- The Canadian Securities Exchange will launch a “fully regulated” token funding platform – but it won’t be for ICOs
- Finally, Salon, the liberal online magazine, wants to mine cryptocurrency using the computers of readers who refuse to turn off ad-blocking software. Our UK editor argues that the site has every right to do just that.
Business Insider has officially launched its first ever Facebook group, Crypto Insider. Join today to discuss cryptocurrencies and blockchain with readers from all over the world, as well as Business Insider staff.