- Jeff J Mitchell/Getty Images
Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.
Bitcoin is slowly crawling towards $10,000 on Thursday for the first time in just over two weeks.
Here are the current prices for other coins:
- Markets Insider
What else is happening:
- Charlie Munger, the 94-year-old vice chairman of Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway,called bitcoin “noxious poison,” saying “the more popular it got, the more [he] hated it.”
- JPMorgan argued that cryptos face a major hurdle even if they become widely accepted as money.
- Llew Claasen, the executive director of the Bitcoin Foundation,forecast that the cryptocurrency will go to $40,000.
- Meet the richest people in bitcoin and cryptocurrencies, who are worth more than $17 billion combined.
- In South Korea, one bitcoin costs $26,000 to mine. In Venezuela, it’s just $530, CNBC reports.
- Hackers reportedly stole $50 million in cryptocurrency using “poison” Google ads, Fortune reports.
Join BI’s Crypto Insider Facebook group today to discuss cryptocurrencies and blockchain with readers from all over the world, as well as Business Insider staff.