- REUTERS/Brendan McDermid
Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.
Stock markets officially entered a correction this week, but bitcoin is doing even worse. It’s down nearly 28% since US markets began their slide in late January – even including a rebound during most of this week.
Here are the current prices:
- Bitcoin (BTC): $8,490 (+3.0%)
- Ethereum (ETH): $859 (+5.6%)
- Ripple (XRP): $0.91 (+17.1%)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCC): $1,295 (+1.21%)
- Litecoin (LTC): $155 (+4.1%)
What else is happening:
- The 22-year-old founder of a cryptocurrency worth $5 billion tells us what it’s like to run a crypto company as the market goes wild
- A Wikipedia rival just landed $30 million from crypto investor Mike Novogratz
- Binance, one of the world’s largest crypto exchanges, suspended trading for a full day – but says it wasn’t hacked
- Crypto mania is proving to be fertile ground for filmmakers and screenwriters, the Los Angeles Times reports
- Bitcoin may not be worth all the hoopla, the New York Federal Reserve said in a blog post
- Finally, a group of Russian nuclear scientists were arrested for ‘bitcoin mining plot,’ BBC reports
- A Business Insider reporter started to mine cryptocurrency and has already made a profit in 2 weeks – it’s easier than you think
Business Insider has officially launched its first ever Facebook group, Crypto Insider. Join today to discuss cryptocurrencies and blockchain with readers from all over the world, as well as Business Insider staff.