Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.
Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne sat down with Business Insider’s Sara Silverstein to discuss the company’s ICO – tZERO – passing $100 million, the tokenization of Wall Street, and what people get wrong about blockchain.
Here are the current crypto prices:
- Markets Insider
In the news:
- Online retailer Overstock has raised $100 million for its ICO it says will replace Wall Street
- But at the same time, Overstock plunged after reporting the SEC asked for information about its ICO
- Square’s competitors are ‘stuck in the past’ when it comes to bitcoin payments
- Richard Sherman says he got interested in crypto after he missed out on making millions
- A $1 trillion money manager is looking to put crypto into some of its portfolios
- The top financial watchdog is going after the ICO market with a wave of subpoenas
- The US Commodity Futures Trading Commission runs into tough ethical questions on cryptos
- Banks have a big appetite to join JPMorgan’s blockchain party
Join Business Insider’s Crypto Insider Facebook group today to discuss cryptocurrencies and blockchain with readers from all over the world, as well as BI editorial staff.