- Melia Robinson/Business Insider
Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.
YOBitcoin, a startup based in Austin that builds and maintains facilities for bitcoin mining, threw the first-ever “Just Hodl It” party at the SXSW film festival and tech conference on Tuesday.
House music played as guests danced and mingled. Barely-dressed bartenders poured shots. For one night only, Austin’s Rio club accepted cryptocurrency as payment for bottle service.
Here are the current crypto prices:
- Markets Insider
In the news:
- Central banks would threaten the global financial system if they issued their own cryptocurrencies
- Crypto investors are hopeful that Mt Gox’s bitcoin sell-off will be halted until September
- A California asset manager has a cryptocurrency fund that’s up by 50% in 4 months
- A federal judge just made the first ruling on crypto – here’s what it says
Join Business Insider’s Crypto Insider Facebook group today to discuss cryptocurrencies and blockchain with readers from all over the world, as well as BI editorial staff.