We’re hiring a hardworking individual with strong research, writing, and analytical skills to join a growing team of Research Associates at Business Insider Intelligence.
Business Insider Intelligence is a rapidly-expanding, cutting-edge research service from Business Insider. It offers insights and tools essential to companies making strategic decisions across the mobile, digital media, e-commerce, Internet of Things, payments, and digital financial services industries. Our clients are Fortune 1000 companies, startups, advertising agencies, investment firms, and media conglomerates who have come to rely on our timely, forward-looking insight to keep atop of trends shaping the digital and mobile landscape.
The ideal Research Associate will have a deep interest in tech news and feel comfortable analyzing a wide range of tech-related topics related to the above topics. The Research Associate will be responsible for writing a daily newsletter, summarizing the most important new tech trends, stories, and research reports and adding in their own analysis on what developments mean for the industry. In addition, the Research Associate will support the research team in data and research-related tasks, including creating charts and associated written analysis and reaching out to industry professionals.
The candidate will have a combination of solid writing skills and strong analytical capabilities. And, the candidate will have an interest in visual data presentation- charts, graphics, etc.
If this role is for you, here are some of the other traits you possess:
- Ability to quickly sort through masses of data and understand what really matters to professionals and why
- Ability to write clearly about data-driven trends, consumer and business-to-business markets, and the larger tech industry
- Attention to detail
- Diligence and persistence in researching
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and fast-changing environment
- A degree of comfort with Excel is required
- Solid grounding in business analysis fundamentals
- Strong communication skills
- An interest in data-driven visual storytelling
- Internships in market/consumer research, consulting, tech research, or relevant experience in a similar position is helpful but not required
- Recent coursework in survey methodology, research methodology, and research analysis
- Bachelors Degree
This role offers a great opportunity to straddle the media and research worlds. It’s an excellent way to begin a research/data-oriented writing career and launching a career in the growing tech/digital media industries. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply online and tell us why you’d be a good fit for the role.