- Some celebrity breakups are pretty amicable and they result in the couple staying friends.
- Mindy Kaling and BJ Novak are close friends who many don’t know used to date.
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin got divorced, but they still spend time together.
Staying friends with an ex isn’t always an easy task – especially when your breakup is in the spotlight. While some celebrity couples break up and cut ties, other celebrities turn their relationship into a friendship.
Here are some celebrities who are still on good terms with the person they used to date.
1. Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin hang out, even with her new fiancé present.
The actress and the rock star are famous for calling their divorce a “conscious uncoupling,” and they remain close. In a recent profile of Paltrow in the New York Times, Martin was present at a dinner with not only Paltrow and the former couple’s two kids, but also her new fiancé.
2. Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield are each other’s biggest fans.
- Tim P. Whitby/Getty Images
3. Heidi Klum and Seal still work together sometimes.
- Jason Merritt/Getty Images
These co-parents have been spotted out to dinner, and they even worked together when Klum invited Seal to guest-judge on her show “America’s Got Talent.” Klum called him her favorite singer.
4. Mindy Kaling and BJ Novak appear in each other’s Instagram stories.
- Getty Images
These two not only worked together on “The Office” for years after their relationship had cooled. They also constantly boost each other on social media and appear to hang out a lot.
5. Cameron Diaz and Justin Timberlake rejoined for “Bad Teacher.”
Diaz and Timberlake worked together post-breakup for “Bad Teacher” without a hint of awkwardness. Diaz has gone on the record saying she’s still friends with all her exes.
6. Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony are still close.
- Frazer Harrison/Getty Images
“We are like best friends,” J. Lo told “Today” show host Kelly Ripa of her relationship with her ex and co-parent to twins.
7. Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe pal around with their kids.
This 1990s golden couple still gets together, especially with their kids in tow.
8. Gregg Sulkin says he and Bella Thorne will always be close.
- Araya Diaz/Getty Images
After Thorne opened up about emotional and sexual abuse allegations, ex Sulkin voiced support for her and said he’d always be her friend, according to Entertainment Tonight.
9. Nick Cannon says his friendship with ex Mariah Carey makes him a better person.
This former couple makes an effort to show their kids that even if they aren’t together, they love each other unconditionally, Cannon has said, according to the Daily Mail.
10. Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas don’t even think of each other as exes.
- Valerie Macon/Getty Images
These two have been friends since they were kids, so it’s no surprise Jonas told E! Online that Lovato is more like family to him because they’ve gone through so much together.
11. Demi Lovato and Wilmer Valderrama are also still close.
12. Hilary Duff and Mike Comrie are coffee buddies.
- David Livingston/Getty Images
The actress and her hockey-playing ex have been spotted stepping out for coffee and they remain friends post-divorce.
13. Demi Moore and Bruce Willis will never stop being friendly.
These exes are so close, she even roasted him on Comedy Central in July 2018.
14. Selena Gomez and Nick Jonas love to rib each other publicly.
- Jonas Brothers/YouTube
They dated back in the day, but they’re now friendly enough to laugh about it in public, as Gomez did when she mocked Jonas for thinking a group outing to Central Park was a good date idea, according to Teen Vogue.
15. Nina Dobrev is friends with her ex Ian Somerhalder and his wife, Nikki Reed.
- Mark Davis/Getty Images for The People’s Choice Awards
Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder dated for about three years before breaking up in 2013.A few years later, Somerhalder married actress Nikki Reed.
Dobrev and Somerhalder have been very public about their friendship. In an interview with “Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen,” E! reported that she said she doesn’t think the friendship is weird, adding “Why can’t everyone be friends?”
16. Chris Pratt and Anna Farris are still supporting each other.
- Jesse Grant/Getty Images
Anna Farris and Chris Pratt got married in 2009 and got a divorce in 2017.
“Divorce sucks,” Pratt told Entertainment Weekly in 2018. “But at the end of the day, we’ve got a great kid who’s got two parents who love him very much.”
“We’re finding a way to navigate this while still remaining friends and still being kind to one another,” he added in the same interview.
Recently, Pratt got engaged to Katherine Schwarzenegger and Farris expressed her excitement on her podcast.
“Chris texted me this morning and he was like, you know, ‘I proposed to Katherine last night,'” she said. “I was like ‘Ah! That’s amazing.’ And I texted him back: ‘Just want to remind you, I’m an ordained minister.'”
Farris was also one of the first people to congratulate the pair.
Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more.