- Domeanna Spell, 15, has been missing from Port Barre, Louisiana since Thursday.
- Local police believe she may have run away with family friend Corey “Shane” Disotel, 47.
- Spell’s sister told KATC that Disotel got close to their family by hiring her sister to babysit for his grandchild, but they later learned that the babysitting was a ruse.
Louisiana authorities believe a teen that has been missing for nearly a week ran away with a 47-year-old family friend.
Domeanna Spell, 15, was last seen around 7 a.m. on March 28, getting off the bus at Port Barre High School. She was then seen walking across the street and getting into a car driven by family friend Corey “Shane” Disotel, her sister, Jerrie Cradeur, told KATC.
Cradeur told the local ABC affiliate that Disotel got close to her family by hiring her sister to babysit for his granddaughter, but alleges that her family later learned that the job was a front for the two to carry out an illicit relationship.
- Facebook/Keisha Cormier
“He had become really good friends with my mom and dad. They even got a deer lease together because they were really close friends, and that’s how they knew him,” Cradeur told KATC. “Domeanna started babysitting for his granddaughter, and come to find out there was no granddaughter there for her to be babysitting.”
Police told ABC News that a couple of weeks ago, Spell’s family went to authorities with concerns about an inappropriate relationship between their daughter and Disotel, after seeing numerous texts from him on her phone. It’s unclear whether cops took any action.
“He told her he loved her and stuff like that,” Cradeur said.
Cradeur said she believes Disotel “brainwashed” her sister into “believing that she’s safe with him and that she’s madly in love with him.”
“She probably left on her free will, and I don’t think he would harm her in any way. But he is said to be aggressive,” Cradeur told KATC.
Spell is described as being 5’2″, 105 pounds with brown hair and blue/hazel eyes. But the FBI said she may have changed her appearance at this point to conceal her identity. Disotel is described as being 5’8″ tall and 155 pounds.
The two may be traveling in a silver 2003 Honda Civic with the Louisiana license plate number 995CGK, according to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.
Anyone with information on Spell’s whereabouts is being asked to call the FBI at 1-800-CALL FBI (1-800-225-5324).
- Read more:
- Mom says she received a letter from her missing daughter who ran away from home 5 years ago at the age of 14
- 13-year-old boy is found dead 5 days after he ran away from home during a snowstorm after his parents took away his phone
- An asylum-seeking Saudi teenager who barricaded herself in Bangkok airport to escape her family says she is now under UN protection