- Rachel Luna/FilmMagic/David Crotty/Patrick McMullan via Getty Images
- Mandy Moore seamlessly went from Old Hollywood glamour on the red carpet to after-party ready at the 2019 Emmys in Los Angeles on Sunday.
- The “This Is Us” star sported a custom red-and-pink Brandon Maxwell gown with dramatic puffy sleeves on the purple carpet.
- But when it came time for the after-party, Moore swapped out the long-sleeved blouse for a pink crop top, while sporting a red skirt with a thigh-high slit and less of a train than her earlier outfit.
- Both outfits were custom designs by Brandon Maxwell.
- Moore wasn’t the only celebrity attendee in pink and red. Her costar Susan Kelechi Watson wore a Badgley Mischka dress with a similar color scheme and statement sleeves on the red carpet.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
At the 2019 Emmys, Mandy Moore gave a lesson in matching your red-carpet gown to your after-party look.
The “This Is Star” was the picture of Old Hollywood glamour as she walked the purple carpet for the 2019 Emmys in a custom pink-and-red Brandon Maxwell ensemble at Sunday’s awards show, held at Los Angeles’ Microsoft Theater.
But when the show was over, Moore made it clear she was ready to party with her second outfit of the evening: a pink crop top and red skirt that was a more minimal take on her red-carpet look.
At the beginning of the night, Moore posed on the Emmys red carpet in a color-block gown designed by Brandon Maxwell
- Steve Granitz/WireImage
The off-the-shoulder top was bubblegum pink and featured dramatic puffy sleeves. The skirt was fire-engine red, complete with a daring thigh-high slit. Moore paired the glamorous look with retro waves, dangling diamond earrings, and smoky eye makeup.
When it came time to attend the Walt Disney Television Emmy Party, Moore changed into a more party-friendly outfit
For her late-night outfit, Moore wore another custom Brandon Maxwell design: a trendy co-ord set that continued the theme of her earlier ensemble.
Although her outfit was different, Moore kept on the same strappy heeled sandals that she wore on the red carpet. She also had softer-looking waves and swapped out her diamond earrings for a gold necklace.
- Rachel Luna/FilmMagic
Mandy Moore’s after-party look was clearly inspired by her first dress. The red skirt had a similarly high side slit (though no train) and the actress switched out puffy sleeves for a pink crop top.
Moore wasn’t the only one to wear pink and red that evening
On the red carpet, Moore had a matching moment with her “This Is Us” costar Susan Kelechi Watson, who wore a Badgley Mischka gown with the same color scheme.
- David Crotty/Patrick McMullan via Getty Images
Much like Moore, Kelechi sported dramatic pink puffy sleeves with her strapless red gown.
While their looks may have been similar, it didn’t seem that there was any competition between the costars. Moore posted an Instagram of the pair posing together on the purple carpet, writing, “Always happy to be here and twinning with my girl,” in the caption.
Representatives for Brandon Maxwell did not immediately respond to Insider’s request for comment.