- New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services/Handout via REUTERS; Shayanne Gal/Business Insider
- Court documents unsealed Friday revealed thousands of documents concerning Jeffrey Epstein’s accuser Virginia Roberts Giuffre and her defamation suit against his ex-girlfriend, associate, and alleged “madam,” Ghislaine Maxwell.
- A 2015 case between Giuffre and Maxwell occurred after Giuffre accused Epstein of sex-trafficking her, with Maxwell participating, after which Maxwell called Giuffre a liar.
- Giuffre then sued Maxwell for defamation, and a total of 167 documents with thousands of pages combined were filed under seal.
- Maxwell motioned for a summary judgment in January 2017 and, two months later, the district court in New York denied her motion with a largely redacted 76-page opinion.
- Giuffre v. Maxwell was settled in May 2017.
- Read more of Business Insider’s coverage of Jeffrey Epstein.
Thousands of court documents were unsealed Friday morning from the Giuffre v. Maxwell defamation suit filed in the Southern District of New York federal court in 2015.
These are the new details found in the Giuffre v. Maxwell court documents:
- The documents include a photo of a 2005 Amazon receipt for an order Epstein placed for books about sadomasochism and how to use sex slaves, with the titles “SM 101: A Realistic Introduction,” “SlaveCraft: Roadmaps for Erotic Servitude,” and “Training with Miss Abernathy: A Workbook for Erotic Slaves and Their Owners.”
- In a transcript of a 2013 interview with the FBI contained in the documents, Giuffre describes how Epstein pampered her as an underage girl to keep her by his side, including giving her hundreds of dollars in cash, taking her on luxury vacations, and paying for shopping sprees, starting when she was 15-years-old.
- Newly unsealed flight logs from a private jet belonging to Epstein list President Donald Trump on a January 1997 flight from Palm Beach, Florida, to Newark, New Jersey, alongside billionaire couple Glenn and Eva Dubin, all of whom have come under scrutiny following Epstein’s July arrest.
- More unsealed flight records show former US Senator and NASA astronaut John Glenn once flew on a private jet belonging to Epstein, along with Harvard lawyer Alan Dershowitz and Epstein himself. Dershowitz told INSIDER the flight was to L Brands CEO Leslie Wexner’s 59th birthday party in Ohio.
- Another accuser, Johanna Sjoberg, corroborated Giuffre’s accusations of sexual assault against Prince Andrew. In a separate incident from previously reported accusations that Giuffre was paid to have sex with Prince Andrew, Sjoberg told investigators that Prince Andrew groped her breasts while Guiffre sat beside them and was groped by a puppet created in Prince Andrew’s likeness.
The unsealed documents from Giuffre v. Maxwell can be read in full here:
At the time of the filing, Virginia Roberts Giuffre had emerged as one of wealthy financier Jeffrey Epstein’s most visible accusers, accusing his ex-girlfriend and close associate Ghislaine Maxwell, a British socialite, of participating in her abuse. Specifically, Guiffre identified Maxwell as having solicited underage girls for Epstein’s abuse.
Maxwell publicly called Giuffre a liar, after which Giuffre sued her for defamation, and a total of 167 documents containing thousands of pages were filed under seal.
Maxwell’s motion for a summary judgment, filed in January 2017, was denied by the district court in a largely redacted 76-page opinion.
Giuffre v. Maxwell was settled in May 2017, and the unsealing of the court documents comes as Epstein and the Southern District of New York are preparing cases for and against the financier, who is accused on federal counts of sex trafficking and conspiracy.
Epstein is being held in custody without bail and has pleaded not guilty.
- Read more:
- Jeffrey Epstein and Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s husband were coinvestors in an exclusive private-equity fund
- Jeffrey Epstein hired a college student for erotic massages. She also gave a massage to his billionaire friends Glenn and Eva Dubin – though they say they don’t recall it.
- Inside the mysterious Manhattan apartment building on East 66th Street, where underage models, lawyers, and key players in Jeffrey Epstein’s sex-trafficking circle all live. Ex-Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak is a frequent visitor.
- Jeffrey Epstein reportedly told prominent scientists he wanted to impregnate 20 women at a time at his New Mexico ranch in order to ‘seed the human race with his DNA’