- Millions of brackets have been filled out for March Madness.
- Villanova and Virginia are the most common Final Four picks.
- Predictions for the other regions do not have the top seeds reaching the Final Four.
According to Yahoo Sports’ “Tourney Pick’em” contest, No. 1 seeds Villanova (East regional) and Virginia (South) are the only teams to appear in the Final Four of more than half of the brackets filled out so far. The most common Final Four picks in the other regions are second-seeded North Carolina (West) and third-seeded Michigan State (Midwest). Xavier (West) is the top seed picked to reach the Final Four in the fewest brackets (19.5%).
The most common pick for a school not seeded No. 6 or higher is Alabama, a ninth seed, picked to reach the Final Four in 0.7% of the brackets. The most common double-digit seeds are Oklahoma and Texas, with each reaching the Final Four in 0.5% of brackets.
- Shayanne Gal/Business Insider
More March Madness:
- Here’s your complete guide to when and where to watch March Madness
- A beginner’s guide to filling out a March Madness bracket
- Here are the most likely March Madness upsets according to Las Vegas
- The 14 best bets to make on the NCAA Tournament before your bracket gets busted
- Warren Buffett is offering employees $1 million a year for life if they predict a perfect Sweet 16 during March Madness
- 7 strategies for casual fans filling out their March Madness bracket