- Gigi Hadid walked the Marc Jacobs runway during New York Fashion Week on Wednesday.
- The model donned a powder-blue dress, two matching hats, a statement necklace, and no shoes.
- According to show stylist Katie Grand, the latter part of Hadid’s ensemble wasn’t intentional – her heel broke moments before she walked.
- This isn’t the first time Hadid has lost her shoes while modeling. She previously wore one heel while modeling for Anna Sui in 2017.
Gigi Hadid recently proved that modeling isn’t as simple of a job as one might think.
On Wednesday, the model walked in the a Marc Jacobs show during New York Fashion Week wearing a powder-blue minidress, two matching hats, and a gold necklace. Shoes, however, were missing from her outfit, as one of Hadid’s heels broke just moments before she stepped onto the runway.
According to show stylist and Marc Jacobs collaborator Katie Grand, the wardrobe malfunction left her and Hadid with two choices: pretend the heel wasn’t broken, or model the outfit while barefoot.
“If you see images from the first passage, she has thigh high silver socks and white leather mules,” Grand said of Hadid on Instagram.
“Since we were at the other end of the armory, there wasn’t much we could do other than either fake a non-broken heel or rip off her socks and shoes and send her out barefoot – which we did, and was all the more natural for it,” she continued.
View this post on Instagram
Stepping in to London Fashion Week like …. (now there is a little story to go with this clip, in the first opening 'finale' of Marc's show Gigi's heel broke – if you see images from the first passage she has thigh high silver socks and white leather mules, and since we were at the other end of the armoury there wasn't much we could do other than either fake a non broken heel or rip off her socks and shoes and send her out barefoot, which we did, and was all the more natural for it. Gigi and all the people from the show thank you all so much for being so patient, beautiful and inspiring and also Stephen Galloway for your fantastic choreography). Dream a little Dream ????
As it turns out, Hadid is no stranger to wardrobe malfunctions – especially those that involve shoes.
In 2017, the then 22-year-old lost one of her heels while walking the runway for Anna Sui.
Like she did on Wednesday, Hadid handled the previous mishap like a pro, and continued walking as if she had both shoes on.
Representatives for Gigi Hadid and Marc Jacobs did not immediately respond to Insider’s requests for comment.
- Read more:
- Gigi Hadid wore a designer Taylor Swift T-shirt with bike shorts and an oversized blazer
- Gigi Hadid says she ‘wouldn’t recommend’ the Greek island of Mykonos after she and sister Bella got robbed
- Here’s everything that’s happened with Hannah B., Tyler C., and Gigi Hadid since ‘The Bachelorette’ ended
- Meet the Hadids, the family of models who have been called ‘the first family of fashion’ and are worth more than $57 million combined