- Taylor Hill/Getty Images
- Model Gigi Hadid was called for jury duty in New York City, and now the supermodel might be one of the jurors at Harvey Weinstein‘s upcoming trial.
- The 24-year-old model appeared in Manhattan Supreme Court Monday as part of the jury selection process, and told Judge James Burke that she had met Weinstein, the defendant, previously.
- She also said that she knew potential witness Salma Hayek, but that she could still “keep an open mind on the facts.”
- Hadid studied criminal psychology in college, and told her fans in a previous Instagram story that she was excited for jury duty.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Gigi Hadid could be one of the jurors at Harvey Weinstein’s upcoming trial, based on an appearance she made in Manhattan Supreme Court on Monday.
The 24-year-old model joined 116 other New Yorkers as part of the jury selection process, and told Judge James Burke that she had met Weinstein, the defendant, previously.
“I have met the defendant,” Hadid said. She added that she felt she could still be an impartial juror on the case.
Hadid also revealed that she’d met Salma Hayek and Ryan Beatty, two potential witnesses in the case, when asked by the judge.
“I have met Salma Hayek and possibly Ryan Beatty,” she said, adding, “I think I’m still able to keep an open mind on the facts.”
— Victoria Bekiempis (@vicbekiempis) January 13, 2020
Hadid studied criminal psychology in college for a year, and said in 2018 that she was “so intrigued by that field of work.” More recently, the model shared news of her jury summons with fans in an Instagram story, and told them she was excited for jury duty.
Representatives for Hadid didn’t immediately respond to Insider’s requests for comment.
- Read more:
- Stars including Selena Gomez and Gigi Hadid have come out in support of Taylor Swift after she accused Scooter Braun and Scott Borchetta of blocking her from performing old songs
- Gigi Hadid slams ‘unrealistic expectations’ after fans complained about her street style ‘not being sexy enough’
- Gigi Hadid recognizes her ‘privilege,’ but hit back at critics who think her ‘whole childhood was fame’