- Trae Patton/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank and Todd Williamson/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank
- Chrissy Metz was co-hosting a 2019 Golden Globes red carpet event on Facebook Live.
- Some people on Twitter claimed Metz called Alison Brie a “b—-” on the carpet.
- Metz responded and denied the claim on Twitter.
- Brie later also commented on the reports.
Chrissy Metz says she absolutely did not call Alison Brie a “b—-” while on the 2019 Golden Globes red carpet at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills Sunday night.
“It’s terribly unfortunate anyone would think much less run a story that was completely fabricated,” she wrote. “I adore Alison and would never say a bad word about her, or anyone! I sure hope she knows my heart.”
It’s terribly unfortunate anyone would think much less run a story that was completely fabricated! I adore Alison and would never say a bad word about her, or anyone! I sure hope she knows my heart. https://t.co/IdeN2x2j9q
— Chrissy Metz (@ChrissyMetz) January 7, 2019
Video of the segment led some people to believe Metz called Brie a “b—-” as the camera cut away from the host.
“Here’s Chrissy Metz calling Alison Brie a ‘b—-,’ not knowing her mic is still on,” one tweet read.
— Ryan Schocket (@RyanSchocket) January 7, 2019
But other people said the mic cut off before she said anything.
Brie responded to the report on her Instagram story.
“Nothing but love for @chrissymetz!!” she wrote. “Rumors can’t keep us down!”
- Alison Brie/Instagram
She included a photo of her and Metz at the 24th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards in January 2018.
Later on Monday, E! co-host AJ Gibson said that Metz actually called Brie a “babe.”
Let’s focus on pouring love into each other in 2019. The TRUTH is always far more powerful.
— AJ Gibson (@AJGibson) January 7, 2019
This article was updated to include Brie and AJ Gibson’s comment.
Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more.
- Read more:
- All the looks celebrities wore to the 2019 Golden Globe Awards
- All of the 2019 Golden Globes winners