- REUTERS/Brian Snyder
- Many of the parents charged in the college admissions scandal went to elite universities like Harvard, Yale and Cornell.
- Some of the parents continued their education, going to law school or business school after completing undergraduate studies.
- An interview from 2016 revealed that Lori Loughlin’s husband, Mossimo Giannulli, lied to his father about going to the University of Southern California and used his tuition money to start a business.
- Visit INSIDER.com for more stories.
An interview resurfaced this week revealing that long before Lori Loughlin’s husband, Mossimo Giannulli, was indicted as part of the college admissions scandal, he lied to his father about attending the University of Southern California.
He told the fashion blog The Hundreds in 2016 that he used tuition money his father sent him to start his fashion business instead of going to classes.
But many of the parents charged in the scandal, in which they’re accused of sending bribes of up to $6.5 million to get their children into elite universities, did attend college and received prestigious degrees.
Some parents attended Ivy League schools: Former Pimco executive Douglas Hodge went to Harvard University, businessman Bill McGlashan went to Yale University, and lawyer Gordon Caplan went to Cornell University.
Many continued their education after receiving their bachelor’s degrees and went to law school or business school.
Here’s a breakdown of where each parent indicted in the college admission scandal went to college.
Gamal Abdelaziz: Abdelaziz attended the University of Cairo.
Diane and Todd Blake: Todd Blake attended Vanderbilt University for undergraduate school, and the University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business for his master’s in business.
Jane Buckingham: Buckingham attended Duke University.
I-Hsin “Joey” Chen: It is unclear where or if Chen attended college.
Robert Flaxman: Flaxman attended USC.
Gregory and Amy Colburn: Gregory Colburn attended the University of California, Los Angeles. It is unclear where or if Amy Colburn attended college.
Mossimo Giannulli and Lori Loughlin: Giannulli was accepted into USC but said in a 2016 interview that he didn’t attend classes and pocketed the money given to him by his father for school to start a t-shirt line. It is unclear where or if Loughlin went to college.
Manuel and Elizabeth Henriquez: Manuel Henriquez attended Northeastern University. It is unclear where or if Elizabeth Henriquez attended college.
Felicity Huffman: Huffman attended New York University.
Agustin Huneeus, Jr.: Huneeus, Jr. attended University of California, Berkeley.
Michelle Janavs: Janavs attended USC.
Elisabeth Kimmel: Kimmel received her bachelor’s degree from Stanford and her law degree from Harvard Law School.
Marjorie Klapper: It is unclear where or if Klapper attended college.
Toby MacFarlane: It is unclear where or if MacFarlane went to college.
William E. McGlashan, Jr.: McGlashan attended Yale and received his MBA from the Stanford Graduate School of Business.
Marci Palatella: It is unclear where Palatella attended college.
Peter Jan Sartorio: It is unclear where or if Sartorio attended college.
Stephen Semprevivo: Semprevivo attended Harvard for his undergraduate degree and his MBA.
Devin Sloane: It is unclear where or if Sloane attended college.
Homayoun Zadeh: Zadeh attended UCLA for his bachelor’s degree and went to USC for dental school.
- Read more about the college admissions scandal:
- Lori Loughlin’s fashion designer husband reportedly lied to his dad about attending USC and used the tuition money he sent to start his first business
- Here’s why Lori Loughlin is facing up to 40 years in prison in the college-admissions scandal while Felicity Huffman is facing less than a year
- Lori Loughlin believes she did what any mother would have done in the college-admissions scandal, report says
- Lori Loughlin and her husband are among 16 parents facing new charges of money laundering in the college admissions scandal