- What determines the skill level of a particular country’s workforce?
- The World Economic Forum’s 2018 global competitiveness report ranks the labor forces of different countries based on skills.
- According to the World Economic Forum’s report, education is a key part of producing and maintaining a highly skilled workforce.
Which country boasts the most highly skilled workers?
Well, according to the World Economic Forum’s 2018 global competitiveness report, you should book a ticket to Finland if you want to meet some highly skilled employees. In the category of skills, the Scandinavian country’s workforce received a score of 87.9 out of 100.
According to the report, the skill score measured “the general level of skills of the workforce and the quantity and quality of education.”
Specifically, a high quality education featured “developing digital literacy, interpersonal skills, and the ability to think critically and creatively.” In addition, the report found highly-educated societies are more productive. This year’s global competitiveness report took into account country-wide statistics, policies, and institutions.
Here’s a look at the countries with the most skilled employees:
25. Czech Republic
- Kevin Lee / Stringer / Getty Images
- Garry Knight/Flickr
- Kārlis Dambrāns/Flickr
- James Cridland/Flickr
- Getty Images
- Suhaimi Abdullah/Getty Images
19. Hong Kong SAR
- Cameron Spencer/Getty Images
- Andy Lyons/Getty Images
- Shaun Botterill/Getty Images
- REUTERS/Sergio Perez
- Andrew Couldridge/Reuters
- Lior Mizrahi / Stringer / Getty Images
13. United Kingdom
- Julian Finney/Getty Images
12 (tie). Australia
- Ryan Pierse/Getty Images
12 (tie). Canada
- Lyle Stafford/Reuters
10. New Zealand
- Dianne Manson / Stringer / Getty Images
- REUTERS/Ingolfur Juliusson
- Harry How/Getty Images
- Michael Campanella/Getty Images
- Yves Herman/Reuters
- Christof Koepsel/Getty Images
- Adam Berry/Getty Images
3. The United States
- Justin Sullivan / Getty Images
- Harold Cunningham/Getty Images
- Bruce Bennett/Getty Images