- Homicide investigators in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, are reportedly looking into the death of former national security adviser H.R. McMaster’s 84-year-old father, WPVI-TV reported Wednesday night.
- McMaster Sr. died after allegedly suffering a head injury in a fall, according to the local news outlet, which cited unnamed sources.
- Investigators were also looking into staff members who reportedly told McMaster’s family that records related to the elder McMaster’s death had been falsified.
- According to a report from a Philadelphia CBS affiliate, state health officials determined McMaster, Sr.’s death to be an accident, but questions remain about the treatment he received after he fell.
Homicide investigators in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, are reportedly looking into the death of former national security adviser H.R. McMaster’s 84-year-old father, H.R. McMaster Sr., WPVI reported on Wednesday night.
McMaster Sr. died on April 13 at Cathedral Village, a retirement community in Philadelphia, where he had been receiving care after suffering a stroke. According to the local news report which cited unnamed sources, McMaster Sr. allegedly sustained a head injury in a fall before he died.
The Pennsylvania Department of Health confirmed to a local CBS affiliate that McMaster Sr.’s death was likely an accident, but questions remain about the care he received after his fall, the report said.
Investigators reportedly executed a search warrant at the care facility on Tuesday. They are also looking into claims that staff members there told McMaster’s family that records related to the elder McMaster’s death had been falsified, the local news outlets reported.
Business Insider has not independently confirmed the claims, and the Philadelphia District Attorney’s office did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Representatives from Cathedral Village said they were fully cooperating with law-enforcement: “We remain committed to the safety and welfare of all our residents and have made every effort to cooperate,” a spokesperson said to WPVI.
The younger McMaster served as President Donald Trump’s second national security adviser from February 2017 until April 2018.