- Apple on Tuesday announced the new iPhone 11, the first iPhone released since Apple’s longtime design chief, Jony Ive, left in July.
- The iPhone 11 has two cameras, and the iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max have three.
- People on Twitter can’t stop chuckling about the camera-heavy phone’s resemblance to other things, like bowling balls, coconuts, stoves, spiders, and Pikachu.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Apple announced the new iPhone 11 on Tuesday, and Twitter is having a field day making fun of the phone’s camera-heavy design.
The iPhone 11 has two cameras stacked atop each other, and the iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max sport three cameras, arranged in a triangle.
Given Apple’s history of making sleek, elegant gadgets, the new phones struck many people as decidedly clunky. Some joked that the design was reminiscent of unglamorous objects, from stoves and spiders to bowling balls and … Pikachu.
The iPhone 11 is the first iPhone to be announced since the departure of Apple’s longtime design chief, Jony Ive, in July.
Check out 13 comparisons Twitter had for the iPhone 11 camera design:
The new iPhone 11 has two cameras, and the iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max have three.
Twitter just can’t help seeing the Pro cameras as other things …
— Ridhi Rajput???? (@ridhikulus) September 10, 2019
… like a bowling ball.
— एजेंट D???? (@BrahmaandKiMaa) September 10, 2019
Or Superman’s enemy Brainiac.
This camera reminds me of Brianiac pic.twitter.com/NLErMWXdeh
— Fani Baba (@Ex_Jedi666) September 10, 2019
Some see a fidget spinner.
— Shaam garg (@ShaamGarg) September 10, 2019
And an electric shaver.
— Rahul singh (@Rahulsingh_fact) September 10, 2019
One person even compared the phone to the monsters in hazmat suits in the film “Monsters, Inc.”
— M ✩ (@hobispriite) September 10, 2019
There’s a certain resemblance to a Furby.
— Tony Shepherd (@tonysheps) September 10, 2019
— ℍeisen????ong (@_heisenbong_) September 10, 2019
All those shiny cameras might also bring to mind a spider.
— Josh Tally (@Ditzy_Jae) September 10, 2019
Or the Little Green Men from “Toy Story.”
— Val (@Valentiin_Cssn) September 10, 2019
It’s a phone! No, it’s a stovetop!
— Aisha (@aishapatel16) September 10, 2019
The phone’s camera layout reminded a lot of people of a stove.
— Abaidullah Aslam (@Abaidulah_Aslam) September 10, 2019
But you can’t really cook a stir fry with an iPhone … yet.
— i am sasha (@soysashaa) September 10, 2019
- Read more about the iPhone 11:
- Apple just unveiled the iPhone 11 and 11 Pro, new Apple Watches, and more
- Here’s everything that happened at Apple’s huge iPhone 11 launch event
- These are Apple’s new iPhones: the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max
- Apple’s new subscription gaming service launches September 19 and costs $5 per month
- Apple just announced the first Apple Watch with an always-on display
- Apple just unveiled a new 10-inch iPad launching later this month for $329
- People are roasting Apple for trying to make ‘slofies’ happen