- Shane / YouTube
- Jeffree Star told Shane Dawson one of his Instagram posts could have been worth up to $300,000 in the third episode of “The Beautiful World of Jeffree Star.”
- Dawson told Star he posted a giveaway for free because he’d received two of the same eyeshadow palette from Anastasia Beverly Hills.
- “Anastasia could have paid you $200,000 plus to do this giveaway,” Star said. “That’s how much you just… You just gave them so much free publicity.”
- Dawson is learning all about the beauty world as he and Star document their development of a collaborative makeup line in the series.
- The third episode, “The Dangerous World of Jeffree Star,” focused on revealing the eyeshadow shades and names.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Jeffree Star broke the news to Shane Dawson that he could have received upwards of $200,000 for one post on Instagram in the latest installment of Dawson’s YouTube docuseries: “The Beautiful World of Jeffree Star.”
In the third episode “The Dangerous World of Jeffree Star” that aired on Friday, Dawson was left “shook” when Star told him a simple Instagram post about a makeup palette he’d posted for free could have earned him stacks of cash.
Dawson told Star he did a small giveaway on his Instagram page because he’d received two of the same palette from makeup line Anastasia Beverly Hills.
“I’ve never done a giveaway before,” he said. “I was like ‘leave a comment’ or whatever.”
Star, who has been teaching Dawson about the business of the beauty world while they collaborate on a new “Conspiracy” makeup line together, looked at the camera before revealing just how much Dawson had missed out on.
“Anastasia could have paid you $200,000 plus to do this giveaway,” he said. “That’s how much you just … You just gave them so much free publicity.”
“Oh my God,” Dawson replied in a whisper. “I could have made $200,000?”
Star laughed and said that with Dawson’s YouTuber fiancé Ryland Adams also in the photo, it could have been worth $300,000.
Looking shocked, Dawson joked, “should I delete it?”
- Shane / YouTube
The rest of the episode focused on a first look at Star and Dawson’s new collaborative palette, with all the new shades and names Dawson had picked out, including a bright yellow “Food Videos,” a beige “TanaCon,” and a hot pink “Trish” (an ode to Trisha Paytas).
There was also behind-the-scenes footage of the aftermath when one of Star’s warehouses was robbed of $2.5 million worth of makeup in April.
Dawson began the series by candidly saying he doesn’t have much of a business mind like other YouTubers, and wanted to learn more about his earning potential.
You can watch the third episode here: