- Alberto Rodriguez:E! Entertainment:NBCU Photo Bank
- “Friends” actress Jennifer Aniston thanked fans of the iconic sitcom for believing in the show’s “impossibly large apartments” at the People’s Choice Awards Sunday night.
- “You believed in us, you really did, and you believed in those very impossibly large apartments,” Aniston said to the audience at the awards show.
- The actress was, of course, referencing the large, roomy apartments of “Friends” characters Monica, Rachel, Joey, and Chandler, who ostensibly lived in New York’s West Village and didn’t make a lot of money.
- During her speech, Aniston also spoke about her return to television with Apple TV’s “The Morning Show,” and thanked her fans for their support throughout the years.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
“Friends” star Jennifer Aniston thanked fans of the beloved sitcom for believing in the “impossibly large apartments” on the show during her acceptance speech at the People’s Choice Awards Sunday night.
“You really did, and you believed in those very impossibly large apartments,” the actress, who received the 2019 people’s icon award, said to the audience.
“But you had to believe it, because we were telling our story,” Aniston continued, adding, “[‘Friends’] paved the way for everything that I’ve had the chance to do since.”
Aniston was, of course, referencing the famously large apartments on “Friends” (that have frequently been criticized for being unrealistic) during her speech.
Earlier in her speech, the star had nothing but love for her castmates on the iconic show.
“‘Friends’ was truly the gift of a lifetime and I would not be standing up here without that amazing show and those amazing five other actors – and with an audience who stuck with us for a decade,” she said.
The star also spoke about her new series, “The Morning Show,” and concluded her speech by thanking her fans.
“Thank you for being on this journey with me, and I just love you guys,” the “Murder Mystery” actress said. “Thank you for sticking by me.”
Other big winners of the night included Robert Downey Jr., Zendaya, and Netflix’s “Stranger Things.”
- Read more:
- Here are all the winners and nominees for the 2019 People’s Choice Awards
- Jennifer Aniston was unfairly told she got a ‘Friends’ trivia question about Rachel’s trifle wrong when, in fact, she was 100% correct
- Jennifer Aniston celebrated Halloween with a witchy throwback photo from when she was 17 years old
- Jennifer Aniston admitted she used to be a ‘terrible waitress’ who dropped trays, just like Rachel Green