- New Canaan Police Department
- Connecticut mother-of-five Jennifer Dulos, 50, was last seen on May 24 after dropping her kids off at school.
- Her estranged husband, Fotis Dulos, and his girlfriend, Michelle Tronconis, were arrested on charges of evidence tampering and hindering prosecution.
- In divorce filings seen by the Stamford Advocate, Jennifer Dulos called her husband’s interest in water skiing an “obsession,” and said his coaching of their children was “dangerous and excessive.”
- Nancy Mastrocosta, secretary general of the Hellenic Waterski and Wakeboard Federation, released a statement about the case on Sunday, saying Fotis was a “caring father.”
Missing Connecticut mother of five Jennifer Dulos called her estranged husband’s water skiing coaching “dangerous and excessive” for their children, but others in the sport called him a “caring father” on the water.
Jennifer Dulos, 50, was last seen on May 24 after dropping her kids off at school. Her estranged husband, Fotis Dulos, and his girlfriend, Michelle Tronconis, were arrested on charges of evidence tampering and hindering prosecution.
Nancy Mastrocosta, secretary general of the Hellenic Waterski and Wakeboard Federation, released a statement about the case on Sunday to WFSB, after details of the Dulos couple’s divorce revealed that Jennifer did not want her children water skiing.
The Dulos children were competitive water skiers, and Fotis acted as their coach.
Mastrocosta said in her statement on Sunday that she met Fotis Dulos when he and his children competed in the Greek Waterski Nationals in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
She called Fotis a “calm, balanced, respectful, kind person.”
“We witnessed a caring father, not only for his kids’ skiing activities, but for every aspect of their daily lives,” the statement said, adding that “no one ever witnessed Fotis abusing his children in any way or form, or even forcing the children to ski.”
Jennifer and Fotis Dulos have been involved in divorce proceedings for two years.
In divorce filings seen by the Stamford Advocate, Jennifer Dulos called her husband’s interest in water skiing an “obsession,” and said his coaching of their children was “dangerous and excessive.”
“The children have told me that they do not want to water ski at this level,” Jennifer Dulos said in the divorce documents. “They are physically and emotionally exhausted and have begged me to do something about it. We are all terrified to disobey my husband.”
Police believe Jennifer Dulos was the victim of a “serious physical assault.”
According to the arrest warrant, obtained by the Stamford Advocate, Fotis Dulos and his girlfriend were filmed throwing away items including clothing and sponges containing Jennifer’s blood. Investigators also found blood stains in Jennifer’s garage.
Mastrocosta is the latest of a number statements released to the public on behalf of Fotis Dulos.
His sister, Rena Dulos, released a statement last week saying she was “astounded by the accusations” in Jennifer’s disappearance.
“I know what I’ve done, I know what I haven’t done,” Dulos said. “I have to stand and fight and hope the truth is going to come out.”
Fotis Dulos and Tronconis are out on $500,000 bail as they await upcoming court dates.
- Read more:
- The family of missing Connecticut mom Jennifer Dulos called the claim that she may have staged a ‘Gone Girl’-style disappearance ‘false and irresponsible’
- The estranged husband of missing Connecticut woman Jennifer Dulos is now saying she orchestrated her own disappearance like in ‘Gone Girl’
- Missing mother Jennifer Dulos’ estranged husband and his girlfriend have been arrested in connection with her disappearance
- A mother of 5 has gone missing in the middle of a bitter divorce