- Joe Jonas opened up about his relationship with Sophie Turner in the Jonas Brothers’ new documentary called “Chasing Happiness,” which will be released on Amazon Prime Video on Tuesday.
- “In finding myself, I was also able to find a partner,” Jonas said. “The impact of falling in love has made me want to be a better man, a better person, and ultimately made me a better brother.”
- The 29-year-old singer and Turner started dating in 2016, got engaged in 2017, and tied the knot in Las Vegas in May 2019. They will reportedly have a more formal ceremony in France in June.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
“In finding myself, I was also able to find a partner,” the 29-year-old singer said in the Jonas Brothers’ Amazon Prime Video documentary called “Chasing Happiness,” which will be released on Tuesday.
“The impact of falling in love has made me want to be a better man, a better person, and ultimately made me a better brother,” he continued.
“We had a lot of mutual friends and they’d been trying to introduce us for a long time,” the “Game of Thrones” star said. “We were following each other on Instagram and he direct messaged me one fine day, out of the blue.”
Turner also said that Jonas is “lovely.”
“He’s just the funniest,” she said. “You wouldn’t expect he’s about to turn 30 this year. He’s the most fun, energetic, positive person I’ve ever seen. I’m pessimistic, so we balance each other out.”
Turner and Jonas revealed their engagement in October 2017 and shocked fans by tying the knot in early May at a chapel in Las Vegas, Nevada, following the Billboard Music Awards. Since then, they’ve stepped out with matching outfit at the 2019 Met Gala and joked about DJ Diplo spoiling their wedding by livestreaming the ceremony on Instagram.
The two stars will also have a formal wedding ceremony in France, but have been careful not to reveal any additional details. According to Us Weekly, the nuptials will take place in June.
- Read more about Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner:
- Sophie Turner says that she and Joe Jonas briefly broke up: ‘It was the worst day of our lives’
- Sophie Turner says being with Joe Jonas has helped her overcome years of depression: ‘I love myself now’
- The Jonas Brothers released a music video for their new song ‘Cool’ – and there’s a nod to ‘Game of Thrones’