- Brian Ach/Getty Images for YSL Beauty and Charley Gallay/Getty Images for Netflix
- Jameela Jamil and Jonathan Van Ness wore the same Rochas dress just days apart.
- Both celebrities wore the hot-pink gown as a statement piece, with Jamil completing the look with a bright lip and dangling earrings while Van Ness let the dress speak for itself.
- Jamil took to Twitter to laud the hairdresser on his impeccable style, telling her followers: “I KNOW @jvn WORE IT BEST BENCHES!”
- Van Ness responded: “Omggg queen great minds tho and the pocket game was next level.”
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
As evidenced by the “Who wore it best?” section in some magazines, Hollywood’s brightest stars often wear the same outfit as one of their contemporaries. But it’s not everyday that a famous face concedes defeat.
Jonathan Van Ness of “Queer Eye” fame stunned in an elegant, hot-pink Rochas gown at the 2019 Netflix Creative Arts Emmy After Party in Los Angeles on Sunday after British actress and “The Good Place” star Jameela Jamil rocked the same dress on the YSL Beauty LIBRE Launch red carpet in New York City on September 9.
Van Ness opted to let the dress speak for itself, with his long hair tied back allowing the gown to shine.
- Charley Gallay/Getty Images for Netflix
Jamil amped up the look with a bright lip and dangling earrings, adding a touch of glamour to her look.
- Brian Ach/Getty Images for YSL Beauty
After Van Ness wore the outfit, Jamil took to Twitter on Monday to laud the hairdresser on his impeccable style, telling her followers: “I KNOW @jvn WORE IT BEST BENCHES!”
— Jameela Jamil ???? (@jameelajamil) September 16, 2019
Moments later, Van Ness responded with praise of his own. “Omggg queen great minds tho,” he wrote, “and the pocket game was next level.”
Omggg queen great minds tho ???? and the pocket game was next level https://t.co/S4fessLpnn
— Jonathan Van Ness (@jvn) September 16, 2019
This isn’t the first time in recent months that two high-profile celebrities publicly sported identical outfits
While attending the Harper’s Bazaar Icons party during New York Fashion Week earlier in September, “Euphoria” star Zendaya donned a gray fitted Berluti suit that was identical to the one “Black Panther” actor Michael B. Jordan wore to Vanity Fair’s Oscar party back in February.
Zendaya wore her jacket open and completed the look with a pair of heels, while Jordan opted to button his jacket up and matched his getup with black dress shoes.
Like Jamil, Jordan quickly admitted defeat after the Instagram account @theshaderoom posted a side-by-side photo of the duo and asked: “They both served looks but who did it best?”
“@zendaya hands down no contest,” Jordan commented beneath the post, adding a smiley-face emoji for good measure.
Representatives for Van Ness, Jamil, and Rochas did not immediately respond to Insider’s request for comment.
- Read more:
- Viral UCLA gymnast Katelyn Ohashi struggled with eating disorders throughout her career. Now she’s becoming a champion for self-acceptance.
- Kim Kardashian took fans inside Kanye West’s new-age domes that he wants to turn into housing for the homeless
- Kourtney Kardashian shared a new bathing suit picture without editing out her stretch marks, and people are loving it
- Forever 21 is selling ‘Fake News’ biker shorts for $10 and many people see it as an attack on journalists