- On Sunday, singer Joy Villa attended the 2019 Daytime Emmy Awards wearing a dress bearing a pro-life message.
- The green-and-white gown was designed by Desi Designs Couture, and featured a stork printed on its long-sleeved bodice.
- The back of Villa’s skirt carried the message: “Pro-life is pro-women.”
- The singer has previously made political statements on the red carpet of the annual Grammy Awards.
Singer Joy Villa expressed her views on abortion at the 2019 Daytime Emmy Awards on Sunday, held this year at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium in Pasadena, California.
The musician attended wearing a green-and-white gown created by Desi Designs Couture and emblazoned with a red stork on the bodice. The bottom of the skirt also featured three storks.
Villa’s pro-life message was spelled out on the back of her dress, as the bottom of her skirt read: “Pro-life is pro-women.”
She accessorized with rainbow boots and a colorful clutch, and wore matching green makeup.
On Instagram, Villa said her dress was designed in support of Save the Storks, a pro-life organization that the musician and her husband Thorsten Overgaard “financially support” each month.
On Sunday, Villa shared photos of her outfit on the red carpet on Instagram, writing that she is “here to stand up for every woman and her right to life” in the caption.
Desi Allinger, the fashion designer behind Desi Designs Couture, also shared photos of Villa’s dress on Instagram. The designer wrote in the caption of her post that it was a “privilege” to dress the singer.
Those familiar with Villa may not be surprised by her latest red-carpet ensemble
In February, the singer attended the 2019 Grammy Awards wearing a “Build the Wall” dress that seemed to be inspired by Donald Trump.
The white gown featured a brick print, had pieces of barbed wire attached to the back, and read “Build the Wall” on its skirt. She also wore a spiked headband, and carried a “Make America Great Again” purse.
- Lucy Nicholson/Reuters
And in 2017, Villa attended the annual Grammy Awards wearing a mermaid-style dress that had the phrase “Make America Great Again” printed down the front.
The back of the dress read “Trump” on the skirt.
- Frazer Harrison/Getty
Villa previously worn a pro-life gown at the 2018 Grammy Awards. Her white gown appeared to show an unborn baby in a womb, and was paired with a purse that read “Choose Life.”
- Representatives for Joy Villa and Desi Allinger did not immediately respond to INSIDER’s requests for comment.
- Read more:
- The designer behind Joy Villa’s ‘Build the Wall’ dress that went viral at the Grammys is ‘very proud’ of her work
- The most daring dresses celebrities have ever worn to the Met Gala
- The wildest looks celebrities wore to Coachella 2019
- 34 wild looks models have worn on the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show runway