- Christopher Polk/Getty Images
- Kate Hudson took to Instagram on Saturday to share the first photo of her newborn daughter, Rani Rose.
- This is Hudson’s first child with boyfriend filmmaker Danny Fujikawa.
- In an Instagram announcement, the actress explained that the name “Rani” is meant to honor her daughter’s grandfather, Ron Fujikawa.
- Kate Hudson, who announced her pregnancy in February, is also the mother of two boys, 14-year-old Ryder Russell, and 7-year-old Bingham Hawn.
Just four days after giving birth, Kate Hudson is introducing her newborn daughter to fans via Instagram.
Kate Hudson took to social media on Saturday to share the first photo of her baby girl. The photo shows Rani Rose sleeping soundly, accompanied by the caption, “Our little rosebud.”
Hudson welcomed her first child with boyfriend Danny Fujikawa on Tuesday. In an Instagram announcement, the “Almost Famous” actress explained that the name “Rani” was in honor of Fujikawa’s grandfather, Ron Fujikawa.
“We have decided to name our daughter Rani (pronounced Ronnie) after her grandfather, Ron Fujikawa,” Hudson wrote. “Ron was the most special man who we all miss dearly. To name her after him is an honor. Everyone is doing well and happy as can be. Our family thanks you for all the love and blessings that have been sent our way and we send them right back.”
Kate Hudson, who announced her pregnancy in February, is also the mother of two boys, 14-year-old Ryder Russell, and 7-year-old Bingham Hawn.
Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more.