- On Tuesday, Kim Kardashian West appeared on “The Real,” a daytime talk show.
- During her interview, Kardashian West revealed that the Thierry Mugler dress she wore to the 2019 Met Gala originally had two fake nipples attached to it.
- She then said her husband Kanye West was “really certain” he didn’t want the fake nipples on the dress because he felt they were inappropriate to wear in front of her children.
- Some of the couple’s disagreement over the dress was previously documented in an episode of “Keeping Up With The Kardashians.”
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more.
During an appearance on “The Real” on Tuesday, Kim Kardashian West revealed that she removed fake nipples from her 2019 Met Gala dress to appease her husband, Kanye West.
While participating in the program’s “Girl Chat” segment, Kardashian West was asked about a recent episode of “Keeping Up With The Kardashians,” in which her husband called her Met Gala dress “too sexy.” Kardashian West said the episode did not fully explain West’s concerns, and clarified that mentions of the fake nipples were edited out of the show.
According to the reality-television star, her husband took issue with fake body parts, as he felt they were too inappropriate to wear in front of her children.
“The dress initially, since I was wet coming out of the water, there was nipples attached to it,” Kardashian West said on “The Real.”
“With editing, I’m not sure if we actually put that part into that fight,” she continued. “So he was really certain that he didn’t want that on the dress and had mentioned it multiple times and that was still on there. So we did have that discussion.”
She continued to say that while her husband was concerned with the overall aesthetic of her look, he was mostly concerned about “sexy” imagery being shown to their children.
“I do think that he is my husband, so I obviously want to honor him and what he’s feeling – and he’s been going through this life change – and it’s mostly about the kids,” Kardashian West said. “The kids are getting older, he’s very cautious about what we have in the house, and we got rid of TVs in the kids’ rooms and removed makeup from North’s room.”
Kardashian West also described the decision to remove the fake nipples as a “compromise” between her and her husband.
“With this, we were having this conversation of just, what is too much?” Kardashian West said of their televised argument. “I am a mother of four, I am gonna be forty next year, like when is it time?”
“I obviously want to be appropriate for my children,” she said. “There’s enough for them to see already – I could tone it down a little bit.”
Some of the couple’s disagreement over the dress was previously documented in an episode of “Keeping Up With The Kardashians.” In the show, West spoke to his wife the night before the Met Gala about his concerns that her outfit was “too sexy.”
“Like the corset, underwear, all that vibe, I just feel like I just went through this transition from being a rapper, lookin’ at all these girls – and looking at my wife,” West said. “Like, ‘My girl needs to be just like the other girls, showing her body off, showing this, showing that.'”
“I didn’t realize that that was affecting like, my soul and my spirit, as someone that’s married and loved and the father of now, about to be four kids,” he continued. “A corset is like, a form of underwear, it’s hot – it’s like, it’s hot for who, though?”
Kardashian West responded to her husband during the episode, and defended her public image.
“The night before the Met, you’re gonna come in here and say that you’re not into a corset vibe?” Kardashian West asked. “You’re giving me really bad anxiety.”
“You built me up to be this sexy person and [have] confidence and all this stuff,” she replied, “And just because you’re on a journey and you’re on your transformation, doesn’t mean I’m in the same spot with you.”
Representatives for Kim Kardashian West did not immediately respond to Insider’s request for comment.
- Read more:
- Kim Kardashian says her 2019 Met Gala dress was so tight that her sisters prepared to help her go to the bathroom
- Kylie Jenner forced Alex Rodriguez to backtrack after he said she talked about ‘lipstick and how rich she is’ at the Met Gala
- Kim Kardashian says she took ‘corset breathing lessons’ to fit into her tiny Met Gala dress
- The most daring dresses celebrities have ever worn to the Met Gala