- On Monday, Kylie Jenner shared photos of herself lounging on a boat in Capri, Italy, to Instagram.
- In the photos, Jenner is seen wearing oversized sunglasses that cover half her face, as well as a floral bikini, both designed by Dior.
- Jenner seems to be bringing the big-shade trend back alongside other celebrities.
- Kim Kardashian West, Rihanna, and Jennifer Lopez have all been spotted wearing similarly large frames in recent months.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Tiny sunglasses are out, and giant shades are in – at least according to Kylie Jenner.
On Monday, the makeup mogul took to Instagram to share a photo of herself wearing giant pink sunglasses. The Dior design retails for $425, and is available in two different colors from Neiman Marcus at the time of this post.
Jenner wore the shades with a floral bikini, also by Dior, while vacationing in Capri, Italy.
In the comments underneath her post, some people praised Jenner’s unique style.
“Ok those shades are everything,” one person wrote. “I think I might order.”
“Now those are some SHADES,” another Instagrammer said.
Others, however, found the style overpowering.
“I’m sorry these look so dumb,” an Instagram user wrote. “Her face is a dream that doesn’t need to be covered.”
“I think she looks beautiful, but those goggles ruin her look,” another person said. “Too big.”
Jenner previously participated in the ’90s-inspired tiny sunglasses trend, which was extremely popular between 2017 and 2018.
Jenner isn’t the only celebrity to wear oversized shades lately
In January, Rihanna stepped out in New York City wearing frames that looked like ski goggles and were designed by her fashion brand Fenty.
- Splash News
Rihanna continued to wear the giant-shades look throughout the beginning of the year, and now sells the glasses on Fenty’s website for prices between $420 and $510.
Similarly, Kim Kardashian West partnered with Carolina Lemke to create a sunglasses line in April, which included a pair of furturistic, oversized frames. To promote the styles, she mailed pacakages containing masks of her face wearing the glasses to her friends and family.
- Kylie Jenner/Instagram
Celebrities also wore the style in 2018. Jennifer Lopez, for example, donned geometric lenses that extended above her eyebrows and past her cheekbones while in New York City in December 2018.
Kardashian West tried to wear big sunglasses at the start of 2018, though she was advised not to by her husband, Kanye West.
“He sent me a whole email like, ‘You cannot wear big glasses anymore. It’s all about tiny little glasses,'” Kardashian West said during a season 14 episode of “Keeping Up With the Kardashians.”
“He sent me like, millions of ’90s photos with tiny little glasses like this,” she added.
Still, Kardashian West put her own twist on the style in August 2018, when she paired oversized shades with a $5,695 Judith Leiber Couture purse shaped like french fries.
- Kylie Jenner just celebrated her 22nd birthday by chartering a $250 million superyacht that was once owned by a fugitive businessman – take a look inside
- Travis Scott bought Kylie Jenner a ridiculous lip-shaped diamond necklace for her birthday that could be worth $500,000
- Kylie Jenner has gotten 9 tattoos (and counting). Here’s where they are and what they all mean.
- How Kylie Jenner has changed throughout every season of ‘Keeping Up With the Kardashians’