- Dia Dipasupil/Getty Images
- Lady Gaga arrived at the 2019 Met Gala on Monday wearing a hot-pink gown.
- She then went through multiple outfit changes on the red carpet and added extra makeup and accessories in between.
- At one point during her performance, the musician took multiple rings from a box and put them on her fingers.
- One ring had a striking resemblance to her engagement ring from former fiancé Christian Carino, though it was actually from Tiffany & Co, according to E News.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Lady Gaga made a showstopping entrance at the 2019 Met Gala on Monday, held annually at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City.
The multihyphenate star arrived wearing a large hot-pink gown, but quickly changed into two other dresses. She later removed both layers to reveal a sparkly bra and jeweled tights, and even made time to accessorize.
She applied extra lipstick in between one set of outfits, and then took colorful rings out of a box and wore them for the remainder of her performance. One ring, in particular, stood out from the rest, as it closely resembled her engagement ring from a former fiancé.
- Rabbani and Solimene Photography/Getty Images
Specifically, the pink diamond she wore on her pinky finger looked a lot like the engagement ring previously given to her by former fiancé Christian Carino. It was estimated to have been worth $300,000.
- Getty Images
Gemologist and diamond expert Grant Mobley previously told INSIDER that Gaga’s “timeless design” featured a rare, high-quality stone, and was possibly a “pink sapphire around six carats, surrounded by a halo of round diamonds looking to be around three carats in total.”
- Jon Kopaloff/Stringer/Getty Images
Lady Gaga and Carino started dating in February 2017 and confirmed their engagement in October 2018. However, the couple split after two years of dating in February 2019.
- Michael Kovac/Getty Images
However, according to E! News, the gem simply resembled her previous engagement ring and was one of five rings designed by Tiffany & Co. and worn by Lady Gaga on the Met Gala red carpet.
In total, Lady Gaga is said to have worn more than $2 million worth of jewelry on Monday night.
- Read more:
- The 20 best Met Gala after-party looks celebrities wore
- The 38 best – and wildest – hair and makeup looks celebrities wore to the 2019 Met Gala
- Here’s what all your favorite celebrities wore to the 2019 Met Gala
- Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas made their red-carpet debut as newlyweds in coordinating outfits at the Met Gala