- David Crotty/Patrick McMullan via Getty Images
- Lady Gaga wore a Valentino haute couture gown to the 2019 Golden Globes on Sunday.
- The singer accessorized the dress with a custom-made necklace by Tiffany & Co. called the Tiffany Aurora, the company said in a press release.
- The necklace features over 300 diamonds, including one 20-carat pear-shaped diamond at the center of the opulent piece.
- The Tiffany Aurora was named after the goddess of dawn and a cluster of stars – a nod to Gaga’s role in “A Star Is Born.”
- The actress took home a Globe for best original song in a motion picture, alongside “Shallow” co-writers Mark Ronson, Anthony Rossomando, and Andrew Wyatt.
Lady Gaga dazzled on the red carpet at the Golden Globes in over 100 carats of diamonds.
On Sunday, the singer attended the awards ceremony, held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, California, in a head-turning periwinkle gown with voluminous half sleeves and a long dramatic train.
The “A Star Is Born” actress – who took home the Globe for best original song in a motion picture, alongside “Shallow” co-writers Mark Ronson, Anthony Rossomando, and Andrew Wyatt – also dyed her hair blue to match her Valentino haute couture dress.
- Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic via Getty Images
Lady Gaga accessorized the unforgettable gown with a diamond necklace custom-made by Tiffany & Co., according to a press release from the company.
Named after the goddess of dawn and a cluster of stars – a nod to Gaga’s role in “A Star Is Born” – the necklace features over 300 diamonds, including one 20-carat pear-shaped diamond at the center of the opulent piece.
View this post on Instagram
A closer look. Crafted especially for @ladygaga in the Tiffany Workshop above the Fifth Avenue flagship store, this striking Tiffany Aurora necklace is an homage to the stars—both literally and figuratively. It is aptly named after the aurora borealis—also known as the dramatic and hypnotically entrancing northern lights. Comprised of over 300 pear-shaped and round brilliant diamonds, the true focal point of this design is a pear-shaped diamond drop of over 20 carats. Together, the necklace weighs in at over 80 total carats of scintillating diamonds. A star is born, indeed. #LadyGaga #GoldenGlobes
In an email to INSIDER, a representative for Tiffany & Co. said Gaga also wore $115,000 platinum diamond earrings and three platinum diamond bracelets that cost $145,000, $130,000, and $45,000 – all designed by the company.
- Steve Granitz/WireImage via Getty Images
Jewelry aside, Gaga’s red-carpet look was a standout for another reason: It seemed to pay homage to a gown Judy Garland wore in the 1954 adaptation of the original “A Star Is Born” film, released in 1937.
Garland played aspiring singer-turned-star Esther Blodgett, who has her named changed to Vicki Lester partway through the film; Gaga played the corresponding leading role in Bradley Cooper’s 2018 remake of the movie, although her character is named Ally, not Esther.
- Warner Bros. and Valerie Macon/AFP/Getty Images
In one scene of the 1954 adaptation, Garland wears a pale lilac-colored gown that has a fitted bodice and voluminous skirt, just like the Valentino design Gaga wore to the Globes on Sunday.
Although Garland’s look also features elbow-length gloves and dark purple fabric gathered near her shoulders, like a mock bolero jacket, Gaga’s dress has sleeves that wrap around her lower arms, leaving her shoulders completely exposed.
Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more.
- Read more:
- All the looks celebrities wore to the 2019 Golden Globe Awards
- The 25 best outfits celebrities wore to the 2019 Golden Globes
- Here are all the Golden Globes 2019 winners
- Sandra Oh and Andy Samberg mocked Lady Gaga’s ‘100 people in a room’ speech at the Golden Globes, and she responded in the best way