- Lana Condor appeared on NBC’s “Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” on Thursday and said she “felt something” for “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before” costar Noah Centineo.
- The actress said she developed feelings prior to filming the movie when they attended a hot yoga class together, went to his apartment afterward, and ordered pizza.
- Condor made it clear to Centineo that nothing was going to happen between them, and they made a pact (similar to their characters in the movie).
- “I felt that for the show to do well, we had to be best-friend professionals,” the actress told Fallon.
The actress appeared on NBC’s “Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” on Thursday and said she and Centineo, whose roles as Lara Jean Covey and Peter Kavinsky propelled them to fame, made an agreement before filming the hit Netflix movie.
Condor said she “felt something” when she and Centineo went to a hot yoga class and ordered pizza at his apartment afterward. Rather than act on her feelings, she said to him, “Noah, it’s not going to happen between us.”
“I felt that for the show to do well, we had to be best-friend professionals,” Condor, who’s also starring on Syfy’s new series “Deadly Class,” told Fallon.
After the two agreed that nothing was going to happen between them, they made a pact – just like their characters did.
- Masha Weisberg/Awesomeness Films/Netflix
“We kind of made a contract and set boundaries,” Condor said. “I’m so happy we did that because the movie turned out great and now we’re doing a sequel.”
She added that they “still have the spark.” And with a sequel confirmed by Netflix, viewers will continue to see the pair’s chemistry through their roles.
Since the movie was released on Netflix in August, fans (including Fallon) have been rallying for Condor and Centineo to become a real-life couple. While Centineo is single, Condor is not. She’s been dating fellow actor Anthony De La Torre for a few years and the couple recently attended pre- and post-Golden Globes parties together.
Watch Condor’s interview with Fallon below.
Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more.