- Lena Headey, who stars as Cersei Lannister on HBO’s “Game of Thrones,” shut down an Instagram user who told her: “don’t record yourself without makeup again please.”
- The comment was made in response to a video that the actress recently shared, in which she was seen not wearing makeup while on a plane.
- Headey shared a screenshot of the troll’s comment and captioned the image, “I shall continue to not wear makeup. Go f— your self.”
On Tuesday, the actress called out an Instagram user named @hsn_hodor who commented on one of her recent posts. In response to the video that Headey shared, in which she did sans makeup on a plane, the person wrote: “don’t record yourself without makeup again please.”
Headey posted the screenshot online and captioned the image, “I shall continue to not wear make up. Go f— your self.”
Her masterful reply was met with praise from fans and fellow actors. Co-star Emilia Clarke, known for her role as Daenerys, wrote: “PREACH BEAUTIFUL WOMAN” followed by several emojis. “The Handmaid’s Tale” and “Runaways” actress Ever Carradine also said, “F— that noise. You’re perfect.” Carice van Houten (Melisandre on “Game of Thrones,” added to the support, writing: “I get that too. F— THAT.”
This isn’t the first time Headey has spoken out after people have commented on her appearance.
During an appearance on NBC’s “Running Wild With Bear Grylls,” the 45-year-old actress revealed an unpleasant experience that she had while doing press for “GoT.”
“I went in and was seven months pregnant and [there was] a whole room of journalists, and this guy stood up and he said, ‘Uh I just want to say that you’re really disappointing in real life.'”
Headey went on to say that the journalist said that he preferred her blonde wig, which she wears for her role as Cersei Lannister, over her natural hair.
“I was like, ‘OK.’ I was just crushed,” Headey said. “How is that alright to say?”
- Read more about Headey:
- ‘Game of Thrones’ star Lena Headey said she tried to sneak off the set after she finished shooting because it was emotional
- Lena Headey said the cast is ready to move on from ‘Game of Thrones’ after its eighth and final season
- Lena Headey revealed details of the massive ‘Game of Thrones’ wrap party, and said she had to peace out